Has Jehovah forgiven the WTBS for its errors and moved on?

by architect 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey there,

No, don't think so... I believe the WT is the 'evil slave' spoken about in Math. 24:48 NAV

"But if that wicked servant says to himself, 'My master is long delayed, and begins to beat his fellow servants, and eat and drink with drunkards, the servant's master will come on an unexpected day and at an unknown hour and will punish him severely and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth."

• rebel8
    rebel8

WT teaches forgiveness is only extended when the party has stopped the wrongdoing and repented. I see no evidence of either.

WTS has been at it for centuries, claiming its teachings come directly from an infallible God, teaching things that are obviously false, never apologizing, and sometimes trying to reinvent the past to pretend as though its teachings were never incorrect in the first place.

Have you read Crisis of Conscience?

• architect
    architect

REBEL8

no I havent read crisis of conscience. I heard of it thru this site. But I wonder was Ray Franz true to us or himself. I have a problem with the fact that he is selling his information instead of sharing it free. If what he says is the "truth about the truth" and he wants all JW's to know then no one should be paying for this information.

• carla
    carla

First of all, have they apologized for anything? Repented? Made good on all the damage they have done or even attempted? Secondly, I think God has a pretty dim view of false prophets, at least that's what I understand.

• heathen
    heathen

I thought once you took the mark of the beast that was it. I think that situation was more serious than being the evil slave . The bible says that anyone worshipping the beast or it's image , not one of them is written in the book of life .I have yet to see the WTBTS write an official article about their involvement, instead I still see mostly denial and the increased condemning of the web and those responsible for starting the rumor. I think they do need to show humility and apologize to the congregations over their errors . You don't even see that when they change the doctrines with "new light". I think if the catholic church can admit their involvement with anti semetic activity and ask forgiveness then I think the WTBTS can do the same over stuff like this .

• FreeFromWTBS
    FreeFromWTBS

What is repentance?

If one is repentant they will attempt to the best to there ability to make up for their sins. If it was illegal, they should turn themselfs in to the authorities, if they injured someone they should do everything possible to correct what they injured. If nothing can be done they can at least publically admit their sins to their brothers/sisters and state how going foward they will be preventing the sin from happening again. Since the WTBS has not done any of the things, they cannot be repentant. Since they don't feel they need to show repentence for the people they have damaged, killed etc, they don't follow the bible. This makes them just another corrupt corporate system.

• heathen
    heathen
    If nothing can be done they can at least publically admit their sins to their brothers/sisters and state how going foward they will be preventing the sin from happening again.

Now that would be a real hoot . Instead everybody is to confess their sins even if it's just masturbation but these people claim to not sin but be actually doing things as God planned even when they are wrong .

• Scully
    Scully
    Can we assume by now that the GB has asked Jehovah for forgiveness of its mess, miscalculations, the UN thing and so forth and he's forgiven them?

Jehovah isn't the only one they sinned against. They also sinned against JWs who followed them, and that's who they should be begging for forgiveness, and offering restitution. To do anything less than that would just be more empty speech and platitudes to people whose lives have been affected beyond repair.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's a romantic way of looking at things, to be forgiven one has to stop doing what is wrong to begin with and they didn't do that and I think they never will. Some habits are impossible to overcome.

• heathen
    heathen

Yah but to them if they showed humility in that respect it means losing control .They are too busy boasting in themselves to take the time to admit error .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit