What First Pops Up Into Your Mind When You Hear "Jehovah's Witnesses"???

by minimus 64 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Now, I think "stupid".

• cr1234
    cr1234

I love everybody in this life!!!! maybe we could do back flips in the sand together??????

• carla
  • KW13
    KW13

i picture mislead people, folks slaving away with no pay thinking somehow they're gonna end up in a paradise. No idea at all its a scam. It's a shame.

On the other hand (although we've all been like this and not realised) i see people who look down their noses at others and/or want power and responsibility and the WBT gives it to them.

• JH
    JH

When I think of people studying the bible with the Witnesses I think of People who are searching for God.

But when I think of baptized JW's who aren't allowed to think anymore for themselves, I think: Robotized.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Not so much a thought, but a taste. Yes I get a taste in my mouth when I hear "JWs". Its the nasty taste of the water from the 50 year old drinking fountain in the back of the old hall mixed with the musty smell of a 50 year old building with yellow green carpet and this weird gold fabric plushy wallpaper..

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I think of what Indiana Jones said in the beginning scene of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" when he saw the guy dead - "Poor Soul"

• greendawn
    greendawn

People without dignity because they surrendered their freedom of speech to the GB, the FDS of spiritual darkness. They accepted a form of totalitarian government and have no say in the way they are governed and in all the decisions that affect their lives. Even worse those that rule them are borderline morons.

• merfi
    merfi

It's probably weird, but what goes thru my mind is a half-second movie of my past 15 years there, concluding with the image of the face of the elder who told me how horrible a person I am in my last JC. I get a chill... Then, I do a mental mind-shake and realize that I am free.

~merfi

• Mary
    Mary

I feel just like I did when I was 7 years old and having to pass a note to my teacher telling her I couldn't participate in anything fun at school: EMBARASSED that I was raised in such a screwed up religion.

Embarrassed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit