Animals didn't sin so why do they kill each other?

by Spectrum 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

LET US PREY

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

It seems we have no biblical answers that can satisfy the questions I posed.

As I don't believe in evolution without at least the intervention of a creator and I don't believe in the creator of any religious book then I have to believe that the creator intended this type of suffering. Maybe it is not evil or bad as these are human constructs. Maybe that's the whole explanation.

• Legolas
    Legolas

LMAO @ Gumby!

• Grouper
    Grouper

Here is another one.............

Adam & Eve eat from fruit = death (by changing DNA and starting a degenerating cell binary fission and mitosis)

Animals not doing anything different from what they have been doing = death (by changing DNA and starting a degenerating cell binary fission and mitosis)

WTF did the animals do to inherit disease and isn't amazing that many of the diseases they suffer from have a human counterpart.

Which leaves me to ask if the animals have a savior?

• Kudra
    Kudra

as a witnoid kid i always heard that the animals were already dying as a part of daily life in eden (pre-sin) as that is how adam 'n' eve knew what the punishment was for sinnin'
    perhaps the animals were killing each other off as a way of dying???
    who knows.

the JWs always have these elaborate explanatory schemes to account for all their totally unanswerable beliefs
    -K

• M.J.
    M.J.

*** g90 2/8 p. 11 What Happened to the Dinosaurs? ***

Some dinosaurs (and pterosaurs) may indeed have been created in the fifth era listed in Genesis, when the Bible says that God made "flying creatures" and "great sea monsters." Perhaps other types of dinosaurs were created in the sixth epoch. The vast array of dinosaurs with their huge appetites would have been appropriate considering the abundant vegetation that evidently existed in their time.—Genesis 1:20-24.

So all dinosaurs were pre-flood and pre-"fall".

g90 2/8 p. 7 The Different Shapes and Sizes of Dinosaurs ***

Among these were the apatosaurus (previously called brontosaurus), a plant-eating dinosaur that walked on all four legs. It reached lengths of 70 feet [21 m] and weighed an estimated 30 tons. These dinosaurs have been unearthed in North America and Europe.

By virtue of where they fall in the timeline, all dinosaurs should be "plant eating". Even T-Rex.

g90 2/8 p. 8 The Different Shapes and Sizes of Dinosaurs ***

The fierce-looking tyrannosaurus rex ("tyrant-lizard king") was about 10 feet [3 m] high at the hips. When standing, it could measure some 20 feet [6 m] tall. It was about 40 feet [12 m] long. Its head was up to four feet [1.2 m] in length, and its large mouth was equipped with many six-inch [15 cm] conelike teeth.

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Grouper,

"WTF did the animals do to inherit disease and isn't amazing that many of the diseases they suffer from have a human counterpart."

That is an excellent point. The animals didn't sin so how on earth did Adam's disease causing sin transfer itself onto these innocent ignorant animals, after all the angels didn't become diseased (sinful) by default why should animals. It makes the bible sound inconsistant and foolish.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

Animals are sinners by default... Since they can't get married, that automatically makes them fornicators..

• Shining One
    Shining One

Hi Spec,

All of creation fell, not just mankind. The apostle Paul wrote about it but I can't pin down the scripture verse right now.....BTW, you can ask these 'why is this so' questions forever and they are entirely irrelevant to the question of God's character. He also doesn't have to 'jump through hoops' to justify anything: He's God!

Rex

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    He also doesn't have to 'jump through hoops' to justify anything: He's God!

Sckrewwww him then.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit