Animals didn't sin so why do they kill each other?

by Spectrum 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

How does a benevolent and loving God explain away his ecological system whose very persistence relies on the killing and suffering of animals that have fear and pain receptors and know when they are about to get it?

Can the personilaty attributes religions have given this God be reconciled with his creation?

• Highlander
    Highlander

I never did understand the idea that humans can live forever but animals are destined to live and die feeding off of eachother.

How arrogant can we be to think we are better than animals! Other than our intelligence(which doesn't make us better or deserving) we behave like animals on

the most basic levels.

• gumby
    gumby

Buncha damn rusty ex-witnesses!

Doncha remember?

After the flood, there wasn't any plants or fruit trees cuz the water killed them all. Then, ol' Noah and the family was gettin purdy hungry so Jehovah told him he could eat some of the animals he saved on the ark. Noah likes burgers and steak so much he wanted more steak!

That's when Jehovah had to put the "fear of man" in the animals so's they wouldn't be sittin ducks for Noah and his boys. He made cows and sheep not ascared though....and goats! But the rest of the animals went crazy cuz Jehovah made em crazy and they started eatin each other cuz there wasn't plants and fruit trees like I just told you bastards!

*starts gettin mad for no reason*

Gumby

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

If only Jehovah could have created some really fast growing vegetation we wouldn't be in this predicament.

I think he wanted it this way all along. He liked abels animal sacrifice didn't he?

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Before the flood snakes needed venom to disable apples.

• blondie
    blondie

This was one of my WONDER WHY questions as a JW.

Where in the bible does it say that the animals starting eating each other because God gave humans permission to eat the animals; or that the animals could attack and eat humans?

Why are some animals designed to kill and eat meat, carnivores, if they ate vegetation before the flood? How and when will God make these animals go back to eating vegetation? Right after Armageddon? Will humans still eat meat, if not, when will that happen?

INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.

Blondie

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Waiter,May I have a salad with that?

Jehovah said no meat

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    Then, ol' Noah and the family was gettin purdy hungry so Jehovah told him he could eat some of the animals he saved on the ark. Noah likes burgers and steak so much he wanted more steak!

I guess the novel idea of manna coming down from out of the sky hadn't come up into his mind yet.

• sir82
    sir82
    Jehovah told him he could eat some of the animals he saved on the ark

So that's what happened to the dinosaurs!

I hear Shem was really into unicorn-burgers as well....

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Always a difficult question if one were talking from the standpoint of a dub ..The WT don't know either , judging by what they have written.

WT 1969 p 543

Another thing, is one justified in concluding that the way an animal uses its body today is the only possible way? As an example, a tiger uses its fangs and claws to catch, kill and tear apart other animals. Yet, could not these same fangs and claws be used in tearing apart heavy vegetation and ripping off husks and shells?

It is true that hundreds or even thousands of problem cases might be brought up, ones that apparently indicate that animals always killed one another, that this is necessary for the "balance of nature." But should our lack of complete knowledge of God’s creation cause us to lose faith in him and his Word? Should we let questions about preying animals prey on us?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit