Going Door to Door...

by Priest73 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

Some thing just occurred to me. I live in a city 500+ miles from my home town. In a large metropolitan area. Almost downtown infact. I’m a home owner, and I’ve been in this house for 7 years. I have NEVER been called on. Not even a Panda™ tract in my door. I’m NOT familiar with any witnesses in this area so it’s not that they know I was a witness and are avoiding me. Looks like they are doing a fantastic job of spreading the Good News™ in my area.

I did get a drive by witnessing last year as I was walking to the corner store. Two Sisters rolled down their window and flagged me down. I thought they wanted directions, but instead they thrust a WT in my hand and drove off. Didn’t even Identify themselves. Maybe it was the tattoos and earrings.

Discuss.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I have to say that kinda bothers me. Can you imagine how they would have acted if a religious group pulled up and shoved some religious propraganda in their hands.

I moved to a new state 8 years ago. Nothing the first 3 years, then they stopped by I accepted the mags. They came back the next week and started a 15minute bible study..then continued coming back for the next two years. Then they just stoped. Didn't tell me why or anything. I'm not even a return visit. I think I asked too many questions and didn't progess like the wanted.

lisa

• Mystery
    Mystery

I live in an area we had rather work door to door when i was growing up. Mostly rural country with an occassional group of houses. I have been here 14 years and have only seen them about 6 times.

"The time is drawing near."

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Similar situation with me. Although I've been inactive, I know the territory boundaries have changed and there is only a couple of people in the cong that know where I live. I've never seen anybody work my street and I've been here 10 years. There is one elder that occasionally stops by, but it's usually before the CO's visit, afterwards he gets in his car and probably drives to the other end of the territory to fill in some time.

BB

• luna2
    luna2

Still can't get over dubs doing the car witnessing thing. Next they'll roll up the mags, put a rubberband around them and toss them out the car window at people

• gumby
    gumby

Luna.....we DID have a brother who did this! He threw them out like a newspaper boy then counted them as placements......the cheatin bastard!

I’ve been in this house for 7 years. I have NEVER been called on.

Yes, and Jehovah is going to destroy all those who refuse the Good News. Here you are in a civilized area and haven't been called on, yet there are billions in LESS civilized places who couldn't tell you what a Jehovahs Witness was.....yet Jehovah is going to kill all these goatlike bastards.

It's like Noah's day.....all were destroyed for not heeding his words. Do you suppose all on the planet knew of Noah and his message? How'd he even have time to build his damn boat?

How many on this planet even KNOW what the witness message really is so that they are held accountable by god?

Gumby

• Gill
    Gill

What makes me laugh is that they prefer to go door to door because you're virtually guaranteed that NO ONE will be in, or will answer the door.

Yet, just on the next street is the town centre and EVERYBODY is there, chatting, shopping, eating etc.

They're witlessing to empty houses and taking the door to door message, too literally.

If they really wanted to preach to people they would be where the people are.

• luna2
    luna2
    we DID have a brother who did this! He threw them out like a newspaper boy

Unbelievable! LOL Why didn't I ever think of that? I could have been a superstar magazine-placing dub!

Yikes, Gill, who'd wanna actually have to talk to lots of people on a Saturday morning. Where's the fun in that? So much nicer (and more peaceful) to ring doorbells of empty houses for a couple of hours and then go get a donut or three.

• TwoBlackBelts
    TwoBlackBelts

I live 5 doors down from a hall.

One of the conditions of their town planning permit was that they weren't allowed to door knock within 4 blocks.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I had a post on this subject before so I will try and remember.I can count how many times I have seen THEM in 30 years

3 times

I live near Atlanta.Lots of people and traffic.

First time----They were impressed with my knowledge.I did not tell them I was an xjw.They never came back---??????

Second time----A real smarta-- came to the door.Told him I had no interests in their bs.He rolled his eyes and I let loose words that would make a sailor blush

Third time-----They knocked and my kids sent them a way.One of my kids told them "you dont wanna talk to my dad,trust me...bye"

If they are brave enough to come back I will hit them with the 607 crap

I think I saw some working a gas station....not sure.I keep a cig lighter on me

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit