Going Door to Door...

by Priest73 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Priest73
    Priest73

How is Atlanta? I was born and raised there. Haven't been back in years.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Things are ok here.I noticed you are in Virginia.I work with several people from Va.We are mystified by the fact that so many Virginians are here.Certainly are nice people.The city is a traffic nightmare but I still love it.I live east of the city I have heard that Georgians want to come back home at some point.They miss it.

• Priest73
    Priest73

I've been in Virginia for about 12 years. I kinda like it here. The pace of life is slower than Atlanta. Plus I'm an hour from the beach and an hour from the mountains... But I have to admit, every once in a while I get a little home sick. I don't think I'll ever move back, but I definately need to visit at some point.

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

If the sea level would hurry up and rise I will have a beach.Your lucky to have a beach so close.I hardly go to the mountains.Wrong turn and Deliverance did it for me.Last time I was up there some one ask me if I was from ATLANTER.I told them NO SHO AINT.MY TRUCK IS BROKE DOWN THIS HEREZ A RENTAL.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

I was active in the same territory for 12 years and we hardly ever completed our territory in the time the society alloted us which was about 18 months to go thru once. The problem is there is just not enough publishers in most areas to cover the whole thing. Then if you do get interest and do a study or have to do return visits (which are required) that takes more of your time away from going door to door. I also spoke with others who hardly ever cover the whole territory. So this business about them evangelizing the whole world is just plain ridiculous! There are literally millions who have never spoken to a witness. I asked an elder about this once. I said, how can Jehovah destroy them if they never heard the good news? he said basically that everyone at least knows someone who knows a witness and also most people know about Jehovahs Witnesses so that should be witness enough? HUH?

The real good news is that Christ died for everyone and in due time this fact will be testified too. The bible says first the firsfruits, then those who died in Christ, then everyone else on the face of the earth. When the Kingdom rules and all obstacles are removed from mankind and Satan is bound for a while, then and only then will mankind learn righteousness and get to make an informed choice. That means unlike the Witness belief that 99.99% of mankind will be destroyed, that figure 99.99 will actually make up those saved! NOW THAT IS GOOD NEWS!

Noone is killed prior to the judgement and you cannot judge someone for a crime they are not even aware that they committed can you? So the judgement day will actually be a long time not one day. Time to learn what is righteous than your judgement. We should not even expect any less than this from a perfect God. It would offend any humans sensibilites to think otherwise.

• luna2
    luna2
    There are literally millions who have never spoken to a witness. I asked an elder about this once. I said, how can Jehovah destroy them if they never heard the good news?

If JW were truly interested in getting information out to the whole world, they'd be on television, radio and have a more complete presence on the internet. Then they could blitz those areas that have populations without access to electronic media with regular troops, pioneers and missionaries who could do the door to door/street- witnessing thing.

I'm sure there are any number of ways they could be more effective, if they really wanted to be. Instead, the dubs fart around with stupid magazine routes, dropping literature in landromats or doctors offices, unproductive return visits that they've had forever, knocking at doors of empty houses, taking long ass breaks at local fast-food joints or donut shops, and filling out their stupid little time slips, most often fudging the numbers to keep the elders off their backs.

I guess the GB is waiting for a direct order from Jahoobie on the subject, though, because they seem to be content with the same old, same old. There is no real fire because I think they know, deep down, that its all just whistling in the wind.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

AMEN to that and WELL said!

• serendipity
    serendipity

I've been in this neighborhood for 11 years, and have had 4 visits, with two of them in the last six months. I answered the door three times, and of course there's always the invitation to join them for service, since I'm still "in". It's funny how most don't even recognize me, even though I"ve been attending meetings sporadically for 11 years. I recognize them though.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The idea of covering the assigned territory is just that an idea that has been not completed. I used to do rural territory and we never did get to cover even the not at homes, much less the entire territory. I remember numerous times the people we would visit would tell us they haven't 1. ever seen anyone out here or 2. they haven't had a visit in x amount of years. We had those who had no idea what we were or what we were about, they were for the most part all polite an hospitiable (spelling).

When in another city we never did do the assigned territory that we had prior to starting over so there were some who didn't have any idea that we even visited in or around their neighborhoods.

While living in another state, I found that most all of my work mates were people who in their entire lives had never experienced a visit from the witnesses. So much for our message shaking the world.

• nomoreTRUTHplz
    nomoreTRUTHplz

Wow! I totally agree with you all! When I started going in service afternoons would have been the best time for me with my schedule but the lady I was studying with wanted to go in the mornings all the time. NO ONE WAS HOME! Times I have been in afternoon you actually get people. I always wondered too... why aren't we going when people actually answer the door? And that always bothered me how they think everyone else is wrong and will be destroyed. Give me a break there are tons of non-witnesses who are more loving and all around good people than most witneeses I know. I also agree about using technology to witness, there is a lot of progessing they COULD do, but don't tell them...we aren't supposed to think on our own!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit