Severus

Good luck Randy!! As they say, "this too shall pass..."

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Randy, you're in our prayers! God bless you, V Sky

• juni
    juni

Dear Randy,

Thanks for the help in the way of responses to my questions. My daughter suffers from Crohns and I know that it is hell to go through. The medications and regulating her diet just don't work at times and she suffers.

We want you to know that we are thinking of you and hope you're back to doing the things you like real soon.

Most sincerely,

Juni and husband

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Wow, you guys are so cool! I would like to take a quiet moment and thank each and every one of you for your most kind expressions. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected]. But do give me a cupla days to answer. I had email diarrhea today :-))

I've had the hiccups for 5 days straight and can only shake them once in awhile still. I'm writing this while hiccup-free (stealth mode).

I've had trouble from Thanksgiving dinners and other eatfests years ago before I realized I had a combination Candida-Crohn's condition (not uncommon but also not commonly realized). Don't think I got it from Bethel, as I actually LIKED it there up until the last 6 months or so (with the Franz incident and all). I think I got it from taking too many antibiotics from skin-cancer operations (benign). I take strong probiotics for that. I can't eat any form of wheat or femented products without being affected. Yet there are so many sources of fermented wheat, such has soy protein and soy sauce. I can't even touch wine because of that. This time it was a double-whammy but not from the yeast side. I wasn't taking any pain medication, it was an anti-anxiety that I used to aid in sleeping. Why prescribed sleep aids? I found out the real reason last night surprisingly.

As I understood from talking to my mother last night on the phone, I inherited an condition from my father. It is "the 3 1/2 hour a night sleep syndrome." (I made that up and may write a book on it once I get this whole thing understood.) But normally, I can only get 3 1/2 hours sleep and have almost always been that way. (One good reason why we should sit down and talk with our blood parents about all their health problems or life issues, ALL of them.) I hung up the phone and said, "That's it! I got it from my dad! I'm not crazy!

I redialed, kind of frightened about what I would hear next. "Mom, is dad STILL that way? Does he only sleep 3 1/2 hours a night?" "Yes, Ran, at 84 he is still that way."

OMIGOD. I'm doomed! (I read in a book the other day about a guy who hasn't slept in something like 30 years! I didn't believe it until now.

Thankfully none of my parents or grandparents were alcoholics. But light sleeping runs in the family. My mom never gets over 6 hours of sleep, my sister 6 1/2. They just learned to deal with it. Nowadays they take 1/2 or 3/4 hour naps in the daytime, as do a lot of older folk. I guess someday I will, too, but don't think it would happen with all my energy for awhile. My brother-in-law, on the other hand, always gets 8 hours (he's the alien of the family, and doesn't have our blood).

I can only stay on the computer for about 8 hours a day. I think Danny Haszard must spend 15 hours a day on the computer. Danny, try for the record books! I don't like cards, love the country and pets but I live at the beach and have hay fever, and driving in Los Angeles is no longer that fun for many reasons. Plus I can't live and breathe JWs all my life like some of you can. :-0 I take weekends off from it (or at least I try). Otherwise I might as well still BE one! Bike riding, swimming, the gym, etc. are all part of my Mon-Fri regime, but I can only work out so much and get tired of it as I'm not trying to impress anyone. I'm 53, remember? TV is good but rot-butt hurts. Can't afford vacations, just off to my parents in Arkansas once a year to go to a small town of 500 people whose idea of fun is to all go to Wal-Mart. My neice works there. (You CAN get lost inside; I think there are still some missing persons in there).

Well I can't tell you how I cured the hiccups long enough to write this, but I did. :-))

Love you all and God bless,

Randy

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks for the update! glad your improving some.

i'd give you some sleep if i could. i can sleep 14 hours and only wake up cuz my bladder is about to burst lol. (good way to avoid life!!)

• sf
    sf

Bless you Randy.

You've done so much to help so many. You deserve you a huge {{{ hug }}}.

Take good care.

sKally

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit