Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-16-06 WT Study (Senses)

by blondie 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Yet, opportunities to meet a potential mate among fellow believers may be few

I wonder why this is? Is it because large gatherings between congs are not allowed anymore? Is it because there's not much opportunity to meet a bro or sis while cleaning the toilets at the assemblies instead of working side by side preparing food etc? It's harder and harder for young single JW"s to meet a "potential mate", and are looking for love outside the org.

BB

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have finally (after almost 20 years of prior affiliation with the WTBT$) figured out why the "headship arrangement" is stressed so much by the old men in Crooklyn, N.Y.

The women would start all kinds of ministries that would actually help their fellow man and also show Christ's love.

No wonder they are so down on the female species.

Thanks for this insightful article, Blondie.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

WoW! I learned a lot this week. First of all, I had no idea that since 2000 you can't be D'F for getting a transfusion. I mean, I've heard it done but I thought that was just in rare cases.

Interesting to see how history is repeating itself in the society. First the whole organ tranplant nightmare and now blood transfusions. How awful! Think of all those that have carelessly died in the hands of these murderers!

Good point Blondie on the correct definition of an "unbeliever"

Great review as always! I always learn something new

• Highlander
    Highlander

Notice the qualifiers in the above box: IF she respects headship, and IF she RESPECTFULLY asks a question. Wow; must not disrespect the elders, I guess, or you will be IGNORED.

Great point, Pistoff.

I missed that the first time through, but yes, I really hate qualified statements. Whatever happened to unconditional love? Last I checked, it doesn't require a qualifier.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Anyone inexperienced puts faith in every word" - Prov 14.15... Is that not what we keep telling them? Keep testing, keep proving it, Do not take it all at face value ..Oh I suppose that is only for other religions?

Actually most of the article is just basic common sense and good practice - not to jump blind into a relationship or business deal . But dubs can be naive among fellow believers.

As Gary said, par 14 is interesting . It brings back to life the concept of an individual conscience , which seemed to have died the death in recent years. I interpret it to be getting at the acceptance or not of blood fractions (as distinct from accepting the main four blood components, which brings upon you the announcement that xxx is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses). Lets hope they remember to apply it to other areas of life such as choice of music, clothing, employment etc etc.

p17"We have neither the ability nor the right to direct our step apart from Jehovah" Or do they mean "Apart from the W/tower? Which attempts to control our lives.

BTW thanks Blondie for the link to blueletterbible.org - very interesting..

• upside/down
    upside/down

I only read the "red" comments anymore...

The rest is useless...

Thanks Blondie!!!

u/d

• justicehope
    justicehope

Enjoyed this weeks review. I liked the questions above the paragraph being considered. Thanks again for your efforts.

• heathen
    heathen
    When get-rich-quick ventures prove to be fraudulent schemes, the only one to profit is the defrauder, who often promptly disappears.

Not always as the WTBTS is still around .LOL Also many other religious frauds remain.

Great job again blondie . I particularly hated the part about people with illness need not share their misery with others . Wow that's real christian love for ya . How about a prayer session for them or something ? How bout people showing random acts of kindness like cooking for or cleaning the homes of the infirmed ? I suppose that would only be a waste of the precious time .

• willyloman
    willyloman
    opportunities to meet a potential mate among fellow believers (are) few...

Dear Bethel: This is not the best recruiting slogan I've ever heard.

• bennyk
    bennyk
    Thereofre, it would be unloving to impose our views on a fellow believer or pressure him to ignore the dictates of his conscience.

True, it would be unloving. It is also STANDARD PROCEDURE among WTS adherents...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit