Another Newbie

by Priest73 28 Replies latest jw friends

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Priest/73 Chris,

In no time you'll see that we're glad your here! Welcome..

Dismembered

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

Welcome Chris! Hugs from Georgia

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Chris,

Good for you getting away from the religion, and even better finding us here. Sounds like you were knocked pretty hard when your wife jumped the train, but your right she did you a favor. Now your free, and emotionally freer than you every could have been as a JW.

I was in the witnesses for 30 years, with three sons and a husband who was MS when I left him. When did we lost Dak my middle son (age 15) to an auto accident, it was a time of reckoning because he needed blood before he died. My sons and I found ourselves begging for Dak to have blood but my JW husband held fast to the rules. Dakie probably would have died anyway, but it was a time of reavaluation for my other two sons and I. I left their Dad and they left with me. We've been ok, but it was a rocky road in the beginning trying to adjust to being out. Its been 5 years now. I started doing research right away, and shared it with my sons. It has helped us all to move on.

So your parents haven't talked to you in 8 years, shame on them that is just stupid. I could have never thrown my sons away for rejecting the religion. I always expected at least two of them to leave because of the statistic of around 70% of JW kids leave the religion for good. An Elder had once told me that, so I knew at least two of my boys would reject the religion on down the line. I knew then I would love them just the same and they had every right to their freedom to chose with my blessings. Their Dad didn't feel that way and has very limited contact with his sons now. But still he does try which is better than nothing at all.

I hope Chris you'll find a family here of good people to support and listen.

Hugs,

Balsam

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Welcome Chris!

You have finally found a place where it is ok to be yourself. Say what you want, wear what you want....Lord knows I do...laugh at what you want and you are never put on a guilt trip. Enjoy your association here!

hugs,

cab

• Priest73
    Priest73

Victorian sky...

Where in Georgia? That's where I'm from. Atlanta that is. But that's like saying Vatican City is part of Italy

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Chris, and welcome!

• wombat
    wombat

Hi Chris....If ever you come to Australia let me know. Free accomodation in Brisbane.

This is a big family here Hang around.

• Priest73
    Priest73

Don't offer if you're not serious. I have been known to hop on a plane...

• wombat
    wombat

Two spare bedrooms. I cook. Pretty busy looking after my old Mum so can't take you anyplace. We love visitors. Bush setting 30 minutes from the CBD.

Interesting visitors always welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit