Sexual Functions 'Unclean' and the 'control of sexual passions!'

by Gill 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• rebel8
    rebel8

Wow, I am SO honored to be confused with such a distinguished poster (jgnat). My reputation around here must be improving lol.

So the WTS article lists The Bible and modern medicine : A Survey of Health and Healing in the Old and New Testaments by Arthur Rendle Short as the reference for the menstruation thing? That is the book Scully linked to but I don't see it in your post. Just wanted to double check before I go traipsing off to get a hold of it.

• Gill
    Gill

My apologies Rebel8!!!

I know you're both among the intellectuals and was too lazy to check! My apologies again!

• rebel8
    rebel8

ha ha

Never mind. I just checked my libaries & they don't have access to it. They don't borrow books from other libraries for alumni, just students. I will skip looking it up exactly & just list it as a very old book to be using as a valid medical source.

For anyone who is interested, here is a basic article debunking the "dangers" of sex during menstruation. (vomit alert: Don't click if you have a weak stomach. I remember everyone freaking out when tampons were discussed once.) http://www.webmd.com/content/article/41/1687_50059.htm

Here's a snip: "Yet many still wonder whether menstrual blood isn't somehow 'dirty.' The belief that sex during a woman's period could be somehow dangerous or unhealthy has its origins in myths such as these...Sex during menstruation doesn't pose any additional health risk to you or your partner." Then it goes on to say that bloodborne infections are easier to transmit (obviously) during that time of the month, but condom use reduces the risk. That is the only "risk" mentioned.

Aside: It is amazing they are still quoting false/outdated medical information in their literature. Haven't they learned their lesson with the blood misrepresentation article (Journal of Church & State)? Apparently not.

• TwoBlackBelts
    TwoBlackBelts

Control people's sexual behaviour, limit their social interactions and make them dependent on the church for all emotional support and guidance, use alienation and shunning to discourage questioning of the status quo, devalue formal education in favour of manual trades dominated by church members.

It's textbook brainwashing and cult behaviour.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Being a study of the connection between the Bible and Medicine, dealing with both the spiritual and scientific aspects of healing; topics covered include ancient medicine, priests and physicians, diseases of the Bible, leprosy, treatments, Luke the physician, the miracles of healing, demon possession, etc;

So basically it´s about as scientific as the theory that demons cause headaches. The book doesn´t even PRETEND to be a true medical journal

The book is also by the PATER NOSTER PRESS. What would your PO have done if he discovered you reading something so Apostate.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey unclebruce... I checked out the zest factor site but they are fresh out of female contortionists with gymnastic qualifications who are prepared to perform lewd acts.

• luna2
    luna2

Sounds like you should start hanging out around the circus next time it comes to town, ballistic. lol

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Sounds like you should start hanging out around the circus next time it comes to town, ballistic. lol

Hey that sounds like a plan! Sure beats underground car parks!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit