NEED SOME ADVICE HERE.........

by Mary 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here are some possibilities:

• Some good quality Pot holders (No, not the "special" kind of "pot" )
    • A nice set of flatware. Something made of thick and sturdy metal, not the thin kind that bends easily.
    • A Bonsai Tree
    • An small framed picture of a historical figure (Black and White or ideally Sepia). Just go online and find a good quality picture and print it on some good quality cotton fiber paper (perferably something with an antique tone to it), then put the printed picture in a nice frame from Target.
  • anewme
    anewme

I always bring a lovely new serving dish or party tray and let them keep the tray to entertain others in the future. (When someone has just moved in they are entertaining alot at first and this gift is greatly appreciated. TJMaxx has great prices and selections on serving dishes.)

• anewme
    anewme

Oh, and for women I like to give them the most wonderful smelling large vanilla candle I can find (usually from a specialty boutique) and give them a safe glass or silver bowl to burn it in. The scent of vanilla is so soothing and calming and adds a cozy warmth when entertaining. And the scent covers any unpleasant odors a house may have. (New paint, pets, new carpeting, etc)

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

If you really want to make his day, get him one of these;

Of course, it might take it's toll on your checkbook! But...he'll be happy.

• Begin
    Begin

Take him over a nice home cooked meal with a nice bottle of wine. Chances are that he does not have the ability to yet cook a decent meal. Add a couple of grocery bags with the forgotten things such as napkins, Ajax, candles, furniture polish,trash bags, you know, things we forget when we move into a new home...Oh yeah, and the newest Watchtower and Awakes!

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, he is a good cook, which really surprised me.............ya, I think I'll get him that car............wonder if they'll settle for a dollar down and a dollar a week till Armageddon comes.......

• rebel8
    rebel8

Good ideas. I moved into a house 3 yrs ago and I think you should all send me housewarming gifts. j/k

Scully, re the PostSecret book--these are the ones that used to be displayed for free on postsecret.com right? I sent in one twice re the WT cult but never saw it on the site. Is it in the book?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit