NEED SOME ADVICE HERE.........

by Mary 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

OK, a good friend of mine has just moved to a new house and I want to get him a house-warming gift, but can't think of what to get him.....any suggestions?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

is he a single man?

men rarely spend enough on good quality towels.. a nice towel set would be great.

if he's single a house plant wont do..he'd probably kill it lol

• liquidsky
  • Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

How about a gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond??

L.L.

• Scully
    Scully

A gift card from Home Depot...

A nice bottle of wine and a set of wine glasses...

A coffee table book (my most recent purchase: PostSecrets)

A homemade casserole or lasagna (he gets to keep the casserole dish or lasagna pan)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Is/was he a JW? If so - a shower curtain with bible quotes intermixed with naked ladies would be nice

a decent toaster? a chilled bottle of bubbly and box of high quality chocolates? I know ..men love kitchen gadgets - a combination can opener - lemon sqeeze - eggflip - garlic press - shoe horn

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Is he moving from another place he owned or rented? If so, does he already have most of the basics like flatware, plates, bowls, pictures, nick-knacks?

• Mary
    Mary

Is he a single man?

No, he's married with kids.......sorry I should have specified that.......I was going to buy him a really nice plant or bush for his new garden (he loves to garden)......I also though of getting him a really beautiful picture that I saw of two small children playing on an antique piano, seeing as his children also play the piano......but I don't want to get something "too personal", given his marital status........

Unclebruce said: Is/was he a JW? If so - a shower curtain with bible quotes intermixed with naked ladies would be nice

LOL! Ya dumb ass! No, he was never a Dub, thank god......I finally just told him a few weeks ago that I was raised as one....I was too embarassed to admit it before.........

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

A bottle of wine?.. (for him & his wife)

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

A molotov cocktail warms up a house real nice but I think a fruit basket would do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit