New WT publication encourages "questioning"

by Smiles 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Smiles
    Smiles

Many here have been reproved or disfellowshiped for asking questions about the Bible and the JW interpretation of it.

After encouraging the asking of questions, one of the newest WT publications states: "Others worry that asking questions could lead to shame or embarrassment. And some decide that such questions are best left to religious leaders and teachers. What about you?"

That quote is found in the FIRST CHAPTER of the new publication that all congregations will begin studying each week at their Congregation Book Study. The same book that JWs around the world will be using to convert interested persons during home Bible studies... the book entitled "What Does the Bible Really Teach?"

The first chapter of the book is all about asking questions and encouraging a person to "ask the questions that matter most."

Have chapter one of this book ready if the elders come after you because you have been asking the big questions.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Oh REALLY??????!!!!?????

Isn't that just interesting!!! Thank you Smiles for sharing this with us! I do believe I have a copy of that book somewhere! Does anyone have a copy they can scan for us?? Sickoflies Elders told him when asked what are the charges? "apostacy" they said, "Why because I have a question??" They said, "No, because you have too MANY questions!!" What a JOKE!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• carla
    carla

ask the questions that matter most."-------------I think that may be the key phrase here. Who decides which questions matter 'most'? I'll give you one guess.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

uh uh let me try ... could it be... just maybe the WT??

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

The WTS position is that one can ASK questions, but one cannot QUESTION.

In other words, one can ask away, but the answers given MUST be accepted without question.

There used to be a maxim in the WTS in the mid 70s when I was in the ORG:"There are questions that can be asked but answers that cannot be questioned"

Even Ray Franz found that out to his cost

Cheers

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

No, you can't question the, GOD Watchtower or it's OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

• blondie
    blondie

The thing to remember is that this book is aimed at non-JWs who are just studying with JWs and the WTS wants them to question their religion, their religious leaders, their religious publications

but not the WTS.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Sickoflies should give this quote to his father to read, as that is all he did in the judicial committee, just ask questions.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    The WTS position is that one can ASK questions, but one cannot QUESTION.

I would put it a little differently:

The WTS position is that one can ask questions, however one must accept the answer given by the WTS. If one does not accept the answer given by the WTS then one is being "prideful" and "rebellious" against Jehover's Organization.

• Scully
    Scully

Ah yes, the good old "bait and switch" routine.

Asking questions when you are referring to your current non-JW religion = GOOD.

Asking questions when you are referring to JWs/WTS/Organization = BAD BAD BAD.

Are we clear on that now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit