New WT publication encourages "questioning"

by Smiles 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Fleur
    Fleur

Can you imagine how many people might misread that and actually think they can ask questions of the elders? Are they trying to bring people out of hiding with their doubts? Pity any poor soul who actually takes them up on their suggestion to question. Better to just keep your doubts to yourself until you exit the Kingdom Hall once and for all. They will never be able to explain what they teach because it makes no sense, period.

To any lurkers here, if you have doubts, you have reasons enough to leave their lies behind. Believe it.

essie

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Oh, I see. You must question everyone else but the Watchtower Society.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

question:Can I as a good christian go rock climbing?

answer:NO!

• gumby
    gumby
    "Others worry that asking questions could lead to shame or embarrassment. And some decide that such questions are best left to religious leaders and teachers. What about you?"

The society has for many years encouraged questioning ones faith. The TRUTH BOOK was a good example. One of the first chapters dealt with "questioning" your faith. This was the chapter in which it showed a picture of a guy headed down the wrong road and was asking directions. It asked..." if you were heading the wrong direction in your car, wouldn't you want someone to tell you so"?

As Blondie pointed out....this question is NOT meant for a Jehovah's Witness who is now baptised. You can ask questions....but you'd better be receptive to the answers provided by the Slave Class.....and if you are not, you are in line for an investigative commitee who will straighten your arse out.......or boot your arse out!

Gumby

• Smiles
    Smiles

The WT should be up front with persons interested in studying JW beliefs as to what questions they will allow you to ask and what questions you can be disfellowshiped for asking.

You better ask all the questions you want BEFORE you get baptized. Because if you start questioning things after you get baptized, you will meet the all powerful judicial committee.

• gumby
    gumby
    You better ask all the questions you want BEFORE you get baptized. Because if you start questioning things after you get baptized, you will meet the all powerful judicial committee.

Sad isn't it?

In 6 months time a person can become a baptized Jehovah's Witness from scratch.....yet this person is now REQUIRED to accept and fully believe ALL that they have been taught with regards to Doctrines and policies the Organisation holds and teaches.

Image learning all the bible teaches in six months time to a point to where you cannot come to your OWN conclusion on the scriptures any longer. You MUST accept what the organisation teaches on matters(at least vocally)..or face accusations from the organisation of commiting apostasy against god himself.

Gumby

• Smiles
    Smiles

And the WT publications used with people studying with JWs should also state that "some of our teachings may eventually change from time to time, when they do, you must unquestionably accept the spirit directed change or face explusion and shunning."

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Has anyone tried to refuse new light ? It could be an interesting twist on things.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Yeah, blondie hit it head on:

Non JWs Asking Questions = OK
    JWs Asking Questions = Apostasy

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

while still a JW my moms words rang in my head--- what is good for the goose is good for the gander....

and told an elder, that we encourage others to question their faith, but we are not permitted to question ours?

he nearly turned white..... YOU ARE SKATING ON THIN ICE he angrily glared at me....

you KNOW you have THE TRUTH he said...

I said, NO, I BELIEVE I have the truth, I dont KNOW it....

I think I nearly gave him a stroke, he was turning shades of angry red.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit