What's the most exotic vehicle you've ever spotted in a KH parking?

by JH 47 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I use to go to the hall with this guy whoose job was to test drive and rate various cars. Every week he will have something new and that was generally a high end ride. Everything from BMW's and mercedes to masserati's.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Four-door late model BMW - very theocratic being a 4 door car...

• lawrence
    lawrence

KH - Precious. Uncle Bruce - Excellent!

I pioeneered with a window wash partner and we had a vehicle that drank oil, spewed, and puttered around Boston as brothers and sisters were ashamed to be seen amidst the mops, pails, rags, and window wash poles. Imagine... We'd get to the hall and the fancy elders' wives would hope the car wouldn't get stuck in the driveway as Holy Ones chose well-placed parking spots for the exodus to the pizza parlor. We had the most exotic things growing in the vehicle. Kingdom Interlinears with fungus, Kittel's Bible Hebraica half in ammonia, and a copy of Lamsa Syria rendition amidst work boots and socks lost forever in spilled sodas and donuts.

• cheen
    cheen

Very rich JW in the KH that I used to go to,him and wifey always drive up in a new year model Suburban, his son always pulls up in a Hummer, his daughter drives an Escalade with yes, you guessed it! 26 inch shoes, chromed to the max! They never come together,each in their own little parade. Snobbiest bunch you'd ever meet, right down to the gold lined pages of their bibles.

• moanzy
    moanzy

I wish I had a few pictures of the "exotic" cars we drove. We were farm people!!! We owned a very very old Renault that had a crank start on it. Just imagine 6 kids and our 2 parents piling in and out of that at every meeting. Cheap on gas though and dad found it in a field somewhere- the cost $200.00. Another plus, if we couldn't start it with a key we could pull out the crank and manually do it. If all else failed, we push started it. OHHH great times!!!

Then we had a bright yellow voxwagon. The problem-- dad was a skunk trapper!!!! Guess what we smelled like at the meeting. Yes my parents were freaks. How did he ever become an elder?

Moanzy

• Ozner
    Ozner

Some brothers drive Hummer here

• james_woods
    james_woods

Excellent thread, but I am seeing the word "Jummer" far too often...

So, for an involuntary reactionary injection of the truly weird and wonderful:

* there was this brother in Oak Glen, OKC who actually tried to sell me a 3 (yesss, three) cylinder DKW. It was red and white, and had probably the only four speed on the column shifter I have ever driven. Not to mention that it was 2 cycle and you had to put oil in the gas like an old-time outboard motor. It also had over-run (not over-drive) so that it could sort of free-wheel if you let up on the gas while moving.

* if anyone remembers the tragic story of the slightly displaced but beautiful young blonde lady named Sherri; to fully understand her situation you must really know that her mother came to us driving a Hillman Minx - it was two tone blue and white and may I say it really stood out in the Cowboy Ghetto of Yukon, Oklahoma in the late 1960s. Wherever you are, Sherri, I hope you are well...

* our very first congregation overseer when I was dragged kicking and screaming to kingdom hall was a pretty decent ex-bethel guy named George Milakovitch. He told me this story - (I have neither videotape nor cooroboratinting vitnesses)... When he first came back to Oklahoma City from Bethel he was broke. He needed a car. He found and bought one of those little bubble car BMWs where the only door was the front of the car...it opened up over the front bumper and the steering wheel kind of swiveled to the side. So he is stopped at a red light when a pickup and another car have a fender bender. The pickup has a beer cooler in the back. Cooler flies out and smacks the bubble car right in the nose, jamming the door mechanism. George is trapped unhurt inside this abomination... and the fire department has to be called to get him out.

I will leave the stories of the Puegot enthusiast, the purple Bonneville service car with copcar spotlights (used to check street addresses during evening Return Visit witnessing), and the "special order" 426 Hemi Chrysler Station Wagon for another time.

James

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

In my area the hall's are loaded with BMW's, Benz's, Porches, Volvo's... most unusual I have seen, I wouldn't necessarily say it was exotic, a visiting speaker showed up once last summer with a Maybach 57. I am guessing that he didnt regret getting the truth after getting a college education.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit