noob in the house

by rassillon 17 Replies latest jw friends

• rassillon
    rassillon

juni : Way ahead of ya, but thanks for the suggestion, I have CoC and ISoCF on the way ssshhh.... be vewy vewy quiet we're hunting JWabbits....don't want to get caught reading those things.....

Already read some of the online chapters.

daystar: Why today? - Well, no particular reason. Registered a few days ago, had some free time here at work, and saw another intro thread.

all: thanks for the advise, and yes I would like to stay married. My wife is a sweetheart, beautiful, and a much better person than I. I do realize that there is the possibility that things might get sour. My main reason for wanting to be all researched up before I even let a peep go. I will have to take a stand since my wife would be genuinely concerned for me if I just started fading for "no" reason. Although I do have some crazy family members.....nah, that wouldn't work since I am such a hard-ass when it comes to responsability for actions and such.

Just so's ya know, unlike many of you who despise the society, I feel no malice toward them since it is MY responsability to KNOW what load of BS I am accepting as I believe is the same for everyone else. This is the main reason I wanted to dig deeper. I wanted to have ROCK SOLID EVIDENCE that what I believed was FACT beyond ANY reasonable argument. Well, as I always say, ignorance is bliss!!

• Woofer
    Woofer

Welcome!

I lurked for a few months before I joined. Glad I did!!!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Any questions just ask!

• ferret
    ferret

Welcome Ras.

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI Ras, welcome to the forum!

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome....good luck with your research.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Rassillon,

WELCOME!!! If you have been lurking, then you will find there has been ALOT of discussion about chronology lately. And there are several of us in the "hot seat" over it right now. (we are awaiting our third meeting) If you need any information on anything, just ask! Someone most likely will have it and be able to get it to you. You are doing the right thing in checking things out, regardless of your end decision. If you read my introduction story, you will find that I too began having questions regarding the dates. I have spent the last year studying chronology, as many others have here. Anyway, welcome. And oh, by the way, what would your wife do if you shared your findings out now, so she could take this journey of research with you? I always worry about friends keeping this from their mate until they are too far apart and cannot communicate and reason. I don't know..just a thought!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

P.S. This goes to show all of us that even though this "chronology" topic gets old for some (not me) but.. this is the very topic that gets people to check things out for themselves!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Welcome to the board, Ras. We thoroughly researched before we walked out, too.

Cellist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit