In Your Opinion What Are JWs Most Obsessed About???

by minimus 54 Replies latest jw friends

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Satan and his demon buddies, who are constantly fooling everyone, except them. As long as we keep AWAKE! under the WATCHTOWER! we will stay safe from his/their influence. Its a constant war with Satan!

• PoppyR
    PoppyR
    Each other. Gossip is their pastime

Never truer words spoken, I've just come back from a family meal, and they were discussing a sister that has just been re-instated. My gut feeling is that she has done it because she wants to be able to see her family again. But since the announcement she has not been to a single meeting

They were bitching about that.. she should be dealt with etc etc. Such lack of love. Then my mother started talking about so and so was depressed, so and so had left their husband and 'rumour' had it she was working away a lot...

I think they make up for their feelings of constant inadequacy by pulling others down.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

My opinion: The obsession is on the "Carrot", it's the carrot that keeps them in. They still believe that," You Can Live Forever On a Paradise Earth", linked to the carrot is the fear of dying and so they obsess about the time that they will survive without dying into the New Earth. This is foremost. Why else would they continue to allow themselves to be abused. Once they learn that there is no "Carrot" they leave and the obession turns against the Society.

Blueblades

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

Why so many people including their family refuse to believe their retarded logic.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    My gut feeling is that she has done it because she wants to be able to see her family again.

I can't speak for everyone defepd, but of all those I have known and do know, that has been the reason for wanting reinstatement. I know of 2 people at this moment who are trying to get reinstated for that very reason. The only people I have known that wanted to be reinstated that didn't give a rats ars about family ties being broken is my father. He wanted to get back into the congregation PERIOD...to be with his real family. His kids/grandkids etc. are secondary. He loves us but, were are loved carefully. Belonging to the world now makes us expendable.

sad. btw, that would also be because of Satan. If we were too important to him then Satan would be able to use that against him and cause him to once again fall away from the truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit