Memorial Procedure Question to Current/Past Appointed Men

by Justitia Themis 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

What is the the procedure for such an situation?

I feel it should not have been dealt with at the moment to spare an interested person the akwardness. At a later date and more private setting, her study conducted should address the issue.

There is no real procedure to handle this and the plate and cup passers should not question whom should or should not partake.

Most people "invited" know the procedure and those that don't should have been carefully briefed before the occasion to NOT PARTAKE.

A most embarrasing moment for me was a few years ago.My MIL was sitting next to us with her "study" When the bread was passed the study started to partake as she was used to.My MIL said(quite loudly) NO...NO don't do that. The study dropped the wafer back and didn't even think of touching the wine. Never did see the study after that

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember adelmaal,

They don't count you JUST because you partake. You have to be a deicated, baptized witnoid to be counted. Just partaking aint nuttin.

W.Once

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

At the two churches I have been to, they pass the wafers/wine (grape juice) around for everyone to take then read the scriptures and say a prayer, after that each person has their bread/wine.

She could have experienced the same thing at a church she attended and figured that's the way JW's did things too.

BB

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Breaking bread and eating a piece is fine, but what's all this I hear about drinking from the same cup?

Suppose one of those partakers has Hepatitis C?

Well, I guess they all get to go to heaven a bit sooner than planned, eh?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    When the bread was passed, she took a piece but did not eat it. She placed it on her lap. The elder passing the emblems embarrased her sorely by asking for it back.

Can't have her following Jesus' instructions. She might get life instead of JWdom if she eats and drinks.

• Mary
    Mary
    The elder passing the emblems embarrased her sorely by asking for it back.

What a dickhead.......well, at least she can see what kind non-Christian attitude takes place at the Hall.......

As I was sitting next to her, I had to explain "things" to her during the talk.

Actually, seeing as she was someone's study, I'm amazed they didn't drill it into her head before the Memorial, that she should not take the bread or wine..........very strange............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit