Memorial Procedure Question to Current/Past Appointed Men

by Justitia Themis 25 Replies latest jw friends

• codeblue
    codeblue

I hope last night was enough showing of unchristlike love that she quits studying.

Who cares IF she took the bread? It is not up to the servers to "judge" anybody or newcomers!!!

• blondie
    blondie

emma, even if someone eats and drinks it is still at the discretion of the elders whether they are counted or not...so the poor thing could have kept the bread.

Blondie

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Someone needs to slap him on the head.

Oh, I will be. Two elders, me, my husband as a witness.

And I don't think she was a Satanist. She had her own bible with her, that was well used. I suspect she was Baptist. I understand that they pass the bread (versus the Catholic wafer). Perhaps they show better manners in that they wait for "everyone to be served" before chomping away as our partakers do.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

When I was passing the plate last night I moved it over too fast and the plate being super-flat and slippery and the matzoh being the same, one of the pieces went flying off and fell to the ground! I quickly picked it up while the brother I was passing it to a few chairs over from me held the plate down low so I could put the piece back on it discreetly.

that was embarrassing.

-Eduardo

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    When I was passing the plate last night I moved it over too fast and the plate being super-flat and slippery and the matzoh being the same, one of the pieces went flying off and fell to the ground! ; I quickly picked it up while the brother I was passing it to a few chairs over from me held the plate down low so I could put the piece back on it discreetly.

that was embarrassing.

-Eduardo

as we say in spansh: Ya lo beso el diablo ... English: The devil has now kissed it. so satan partook? damm! this is the end!!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Eduardo:

We had people drop the bread too. It has happened rather regularly in the past. I suspect they need to place the bread on a napkin, and THEN on the plate.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

yeah it was a spanish congregation I was visiting :-) my first thought was oh no, now its contaminated but not only did I make the 5-second rule but I also figured no one was eating it anyway....still 34 memorials incident free until this one..

-Ed

• Legolas
    Legolas
    5-second rule

Mythbuster's busted that myth!

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

thanks for the Eduardo, sincerely,

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I suspect they need to place the bread on a napkin

they should have asked a sister if she had a napkin...surely one of them must have had one for her head just in case she got asked to say a prayer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit