Memorial Procedure Question to Current/Past Appointed Men

by Justitia Themis 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Last night at our Memorial, I sat next to someone's study. When the bread was passed, she took a piece but did not eat it. She placed it on her lap. The elder passing the emblems embarrased her sorely by asking for it back. As I was sitting next to her, I had to explain "things" to her during the talk.

What is the the procedure for such an situation?

I feel it should not have been dealt with at the moment to spare an interested person the akwardness. At a later date and more private setting, her study conducted should address the issue.

When the wine was being passed, she assured me she would not drink it. I told her that was my only issue; they can keep the bread, just give me the wine!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

There is no specific procedure for such a situation. I had a peron to the exact same thing when I was passing the bread to an aisle. I did nothing, just moved along.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I feel it should not have been dealt with at the moment to spare an interested person the akwardness. At a later date and more private setting, her study conducted should address the issue.

That is exactly how I would have handled it. Fortunately it went smoothly for me last night while I was serving

• Dismembered
    Dismembered
    The elder passing the emblems embarrased her sorely by asking for it back.

What an idiot! Those goddam "elders" antics still don't cease to amaze me.

Dismembered

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i thought u were going to say that she poured some wine into her lap for later

if i had been a server i wouldnt have made an issue of it and i think most of the elders i know/knew wouldnt have either

sometimes they let ms be servers and they can be a bit officious....i wonder if she had actually eaten some he would have tried the heimlich manouvre on her

• Emma
    Emma

But if they let her keep it she might have eaten it and they'd have to count her as a partaker!

• adelmaal
    adelmaal

Should it not have been up to her conscience whether or not she would eat or drink? I have been away so long now that it just seems so silly for them to think they can judge as to who should or should not accept Jesus' invitation to partake! She was probably waiting for the prayer to eat it.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    When the bread was passed, she took a piece but did not eat it. She placed it on her lap. The elder passing the emblems embarrassed her sorely by asking for it back.

Someone needs to slap him on the head.

Doesn't he know WHY they pass the bread and wine? The reason is to give EVERYONE the option of taking them.

If only a few KNOWN people were supposed to take them then why pass them around to begin with? Why not just hand the bread and wine the few KNOWN people and void the fuss of passing them to everyone.

OR.... Perhaps the whole "pass the wine and bread to everyone so they can reject it" routine is designed by the WTS so that everyone in attendance can actively demonstrate that they have rejected Jesus.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

My sister, who gives communion in her Catholic church, said sometimes people will take a host and pocket it, supposedly to desecrate it later in satanic rituals. Maybe this study™ had the same idea. Since the JWs don't believe in Transubstantiation as the Catholics do, there's little cause for the elder to be offended by her act.

W

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

LMAO!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit