16,000,000 Attend memorial??

by breeze 8 Replies latest jw friends

• breeze
    breeze

I attended the memorial last night and the speaker announced that last year 16,000,000 people attended the memorial.

I have a hard time believing that!!!!

BREEZE

• blondie
    blondie

6.5 million JWs (not counting children who don't turn in time)

x 2.5

=

16 million

Congregation ratio

100 pubs = 250 approx attendees is normal around here

In some countries the ration is 1 JW to 5 nonJW attendees

But I think the attendance went down about 300,000 last year

Blondie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The lady that invited me told me that they were having studies with a bunch of people from a nursing home and that the nursing home had hired a shuttle bus to take them all there and, "well.... we're excited about that!" She obviously wasn't as excited as I was <cough>. How do these fruitcakes get into these nursing homes to confuse and abuse people that are supposed to be living their last days out in peace and serenity? Don't these nursing home administrators realize that this is a *cult*? Of course, on the other hand, perhaps these nursing home residents, some of them at least, are happy to get out and have some socialization if they don't have family visiting them.

CG

• upside/down
    upside/down

Sadly... I used to give "talks" in nursing homes...

I think the staff just considered it "free entertainment"...

u/d

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Attendence wasn't so hot in this neck of the woods. Of the 2 congregations I know about:

106 Active pubs, 171 memorial attendence
    the other
    92 Active pubs, 151 memorial attendence.

Less than the times 2 ratio

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I once got into a nursing home and at the time I thought all my christmases had come at once (pardon the pun) because I had a captive audience (There's no running away from me little old ladies). However I was introduced to the residents as "The Vicar" which was kind of embarrassing. The staff told me that anything other than "The Vicar" would confuse them. I just went around a went over the common stuff, stuff about Jesus and his miracles, I left the hard core dub stuff out of it so as not to confuse. I was asked to go back but I never had the heart and told the brother in charge of the map that it was a waste of time because they were mostly senile.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

I've run out of threads for today, can someone start up a new thread about memorial attendance figures last night. Get people that went to report on the numbers present. Lets see if the numbers were down world wide.

• TheListener
    TheListener

The halls I know about - less than twice the number of publishers showed up. Forget about twice the number of meeting attenders, they couldn't even get twice the number of publishers. That includes kids and deadbeat spouses like me.

• TheListener
    TheListener

In 2004 - 16,760,607 attended memorial

In 2005 - 16,383,333 attended memorial

That is a reduction of 377,274 - Let's hope this year continues a downward trend.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit