Who REALLY is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by drew sagan 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Really, who the hell is it? We all know who it really is:
    Faithful Slave = Governing Body and the Nethinim
    I'm not going into any kind of deep explanation about christian stewardship, or what the account really means. What I'm pointing out is that there is so much "mystery" in the JWs view of this "faithful slave" that they couldn't EVER EVER EVER tell you WHO IT IS! Give me some names, address, phone number, how about a picture?
    If you actally ask any JW who is the Faithful and Discreet Slave, what will the answer be? The funny thing is that when I think about the question, I realize that the Watchtower has NEVER given a straight answer to this question. Instead they answer it through suggestion and twisted words, making it out to be something it is not.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i never understood why we had to figure that out.. faith in god and the one whom he sent forth (jesus christ) is who we the bible said we had to know for salvation.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Doesn't really matter to me since there is no "faithful and discreet slave"

Josie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings.

Even if the JW belief regarding the FDS were to be correct, which I don't believe, Jesus' words above do not state conclusively that this "slave" would remain faithful, or that this "slave" would even exist when he returned. Jesus' words were a question followed by a conditional statement.

W

• Star Moore
    Star Moore
    45 “Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU , He will appoint him over all his belongings.

Hi Drew.. hmmm, let's see.. To me the WT is the Evil Slave that got tired of waiting..in vs 48 on. Definately...

So who could it be? Raymond Franz, maybe and perhaps..other good apostates..

• greendawn
    greendawn

The FDS is according to their definition all the anointed JWs with the GB being their spokeman supposedly. In reality the FDS is just the GB since the rest of the anointed serve absolutely no function in providing spiritual food to the so called other sheep.

Historically this is easily explained by the fact that power in this org was held by one or two people until the 1970's when this was expanded with the creation of a GB with real authority agin a small group of 10-20 individuals.

Because this org is being run as a business corporation the idea of having thousands of ppl making decisions can never be applied, that could be done in a bona fide religious org but here we have a business clumsily pretending to be a religion.

The GB claim to be the spokesman of the anointed, yet strangely enough they are the ones that totally deprive them of having any say in the way things are being done. They rather prefer to give such authority to non anointed persons of their trust and to suppress the voice of the anointed rather than broadcast it.

• kid-A
    kid-A

How exactly does one define a "discreet slave" ??? A butler that says "pardon me, my lord" after they fart?

Faithful, OK, but the "discreet" part of the term I never really quite understood! LOL

• What-A-Coincidence
  • What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

A faithful slave of God does not make false prophecies

Dismantling the Watchtower claim that it is the faithful and discreet slave is easy. All we need to do is look at the track record of the Watchtower as an organization and see if it has been faithful. Consider the following false prophecies made by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society over the years.

• 1899 "...the ‘battle of the great day of God Almighty' (Revelation 16:14), which will end in A.D. 1914 with the complete overthrow of earth's present rulership, is already commenced." (The Time Is at Hand, page 101 - 1908 edition).
    • 1918 "Therefore we may confidently expect that 1925 will mark the return of Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and the faithful prophets of old, particularly those named by the Apostle in Hebrews 11, to the condition of human perfection." (Millions Now Living Will Never Die, page 89.)
    • 1922 "The date 1925 is even more distinctly indicated by the Scriptures than 1914." (The Watchtower 9/1/22, page 262.)
    • 1923 "Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." (The Watchtower, PAGE 106 4/1/23.)
    • 1931 "There was a measure of disappointment on the part of Jehovah's faithful ones on earth concerning the years 1917, 1918, and 1925, which disappointment lasted for a time...and they also learned to quit fixing dates." (Vindication, page 338.)
    • 1941 "Receiving the gift, the marching children clasped it to them, not a toy or plaything for idle pleasure, but the Lord's provided instrument for most effective work in the remaining months before Armageddon." (The Watchtower, 9/15/41, page 288.)
    • 1968 "True, there have been those in times past who predicted an ‘end to the world', even announcing a specific date. Yet nothing happened. The ‘end' did not come. They were guilty of false prophesying. Why? What was missing?...Missing from such people were God's truths and evidence that he was using and guiding them." (Awake, 10/8/68.)

I agree with the final quote in the Awake magazine. The previous false prophecies of the Watchtower organization demonstrate that it is lacking God's truths. If it is, then it is not the faithful and discreet slave.

Charles Taze Russell was called the Faithful and Discreet Slave

Apparently, Charles Taze Russell the founder of the Jehovah's Witnesses was called the "faithful and discreet slave."

Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of 'that faithful and wise servant,' and that his great work was giving to the household of faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation, Watchtower 12/1/1916, page. 357.

Which is it? Is the Watchtower right or wrong about Russell? Given that it has made many errors in the past in its prophecies which proves it does not speak for God, it seems clear that the Watchtower Organization is clearly not the "faithful and discreet slave" mentioned by Jesus. A slave of God would not go around changing its doctrines, making false prophecies, or attempt to control the thinking of its people. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is not the faithful and discreet slave.

http://www.carm.org/jw/slave.htm

• architect
    architect

Come on everyone.....could Jehovah forgive the WTBS for all these errors, after all he is full of mercy !!!!!!

Who gave the WTBS the right to even call themselves "faithful and discreet"?

If their trully is a faithful and discreet slave, why didn't Jesus mention it in Revelation when talking to the 7 congregations?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit