Who REALLY is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by drew sagan 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I know where all of you are going with this one, but I was kind of thinking about it on a differant level.
    Who are the PEOPLE, specificly that make it up? Do we know their names, what they are like? Most JWs can't even name off 3 governing body members names. They trust these people with their most deepest trust, yet in the end they don't even have a clue who they are. They are mysterious "hidden" people who are unaccountable for anything. Hell, at least the Catholics have the pope, the guy they see in charge, which allows them to say "i don't belive what that crazy pope says". Instead, JWs have a mysterious body of structure they are supposed to be in subjection to, without even a clue to who it really is...
    PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Who are the PEOPLE, specificly that make it up? Do we know their names, what they are like? Most JWs can't even name off 3 governing body members names.

This was bothering me just before I left the JWs. People who I had never met, whose names I didn't know, who lived in a city I had never visited, could make a doctrinal change and I was required to immediately adjust my beliefs accordingly or be DF'd as an "apostate". Either that or be silent about any doubts I might have.

I'll never give anyone that kind of power in my life again.

W

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Who really is the faithful and discreet polar bear?

You see, right there that proves it, I'm a polar bear and you have to do exactly what I say.

How illogical is that? The context of the scripture actually paints a picture of a slave who could fail. That scripture does not impart heavenly leadership upon a single group of men, it merely highlights the dangers of corruption faced by ANY Christian who attempts to care for his brothers spiritual needs.

However, in Jdub world, it is a holy edict bestowing Christlike powers upon the Holy Governing Body. This world is full of stupid people.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

It's ME!! MUHAHAHAHH

Now all you dubs must do exactly as I say!!

He's back baby!

• bob1999
    bob1999

The thing is, it's a parable not a prophecy.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The average R&F don't know where the FDS begins and where it ends. The Watchtower always refers to the FDS by proxy - not really saying that yes, it is these 10-12 men living at Brooklyn who meet every Wednesday to hash out policy like children and are generally deluded enough to actually believe they will see the face of God upon dying. I am horrified when I think of the kind of people that are mentally unstable enough to actually beleive that. In fact, I have a suspicion that the perentage of those partaking from the memorial is roughly the same as the percentage of people in society who are clinically insane or delusional - the type that have grandiose thoughts.
    The reason I say this is because I have known several of the "annointed" over the years and all of them told me in confidence that they did, in fact, have visionary dreams. Now, at the time I thought it was freaking awesome - but still wondered about it because I knew the WT said no one has those dreams anymore. Looking back on it, it is quite obvious.

• truth about the last days
    truth about the last days

Intresting question! According to Matt 24 from verse 45 from the KJV says "faithful and wise servent" instead of "faithful and descreet slave". There is a lot of difference between "slave" and "servent". A "slave" does not get much reward from their services, whereas a "servent" gets his reward in full from day one of his or her services towards their boss or master. And also a "servent" is willing to do their services for the one who they are serving. The scripture in Matt 24:45 onwards is formed into a QUESTION- and it is not a statement. So, by this, no one actually knows as to WHO is a faithful servent- except Jesus apon his return for that 1000YR reign.See verse 46. You or I could say that we are a faithful and wise servent- but when Jesus arrives we may not be in his eyes. Or, on the other "side of the coin" we could say that we are not a "faithful and wise servent, but when Jesus arrives he will be pleased with our actions to allow us to enter that 1000yr reign. So, it is all down to Jesus if he accepts us or not. If he does NOT accept us, then we fall in the catergory that is mentioned in verse 48 as a "evil slave". So, we all need to do our best and to keep spritually clean in EVERY way, or we will be disapproved by Jesus himself. Even in comparision of verses 46+51 that states that Jesus will come at a time that BOTH the "wise servent" and the "evil slave" will be not aware of. In comparasion to the scripture where The Most High Gods day will come as a "thief in the night", this clearly indecates that what will happen when Jesus arrives for that 1000yr reign is that he will put EVERYONE to sleep- no matter where they are in this world. Once this has been accomplished he will then either let the "birds in midheaven have their feast" (as recorded in Rev 19:17-19) literally or just to let these one return to dust. Then he will awaken those loyal ones finding out that Jesus has allready come while they were sleeping.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit