advise: I just got a call

by rekless 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH
    Back the parents authority with a few reservations.

I disagree, but I know a little more about this situation.

Rekless, she is in a dangerous situation at a very vulnerable time in her life. Invite her to live with you. Pay her way, even if you have to wire money to a Western Union for her to collect.

I don't think she should continue to be exposed to the type of activity you know she is being exposed to. She is in a 'grey' area of the law. I don't think she'd be considered a runaway if she came with you, but check with Law enforcement first.

Lisa

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

The kid is looking for love grandpa. Batter up! The "plate" is all yours! Get word to her through your daughter who called you to have her call you collect! You have alsoultely nothing to lose!

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well I think that her desire to have a relationship with her Grandfather is a good thing and an opportunity that you should capitalize on. I agree with the poster that said that she may be trying to identify or seek out family that will be supportive of her and her new found identity.

If it were me I would persue the relationship and try to develope the connection with my bloodline. I know that I can benifit my children's children dispite what they have been brainwashed to believe. I would also be firm. I would make sure that they knew what I felt was acceptable behavior for a 16 year old addolescent. Most importantly I would share my love...my whole hearted, unadulterated love for my grand child, because in the end that's all that really matters.

• anewme
    anewme

I agree with those who view this as a cry for help from your grandaughter. Yes, love her grandpa and answer her questions honestly.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

That is wonderful to hear and must be a relief. You have a lot of wisdom to offer her. She still needs to learn boundaries, and maybe you can help her better than her cultish parents.

Dope is proven to affect the development of the teenage mind, so maybe you can help her see that balance is needed regardless of whether a person is part of the WTS or not. But as others have said, the best thing is at least to be there as a hearing non judgemental ear.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

If you're able to, be the listener in her life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit