What percentage of JWs are Real JWs?

by tank 27 Replies latest jw friends

• kls
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

Funny thing is that everyone thinks of themselves as a "real JW™".

Often while supercilious Elder types are looking down thier bibles at the great unwashed ..publishers are looking at their Elders™ and thinking "you're no real JW or even a christian - I'll see you get yours at Armageddon!"

• Woofer
    Woofer

I can see where I fit into the catagories. I can't believe how long I faked it!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

mmm .. woofer raises that age old conundrum 'are women better at faking jw than men?'

• jgnat
    jgnat

A "real" JW would be perfectly loyal. But,

1 John 1:8
    If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.

No JW is perfectly loyal. Every JW has doubts. So the answer is 0%.

NOW, as for degree of involvement, I imagine the JW population follows the 80/20 rule. 10% are zealots, 10% are actively trying to get OUT, and 80% are neutral, biding their time. By the way, the 20% of zealots and "apostates" probably take up 80% of the elder's time.

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll
    Often while supercilious Elder types are looking down thier bibles at the great unwashed ..publishers are looking at their Elders™ and thinking "you're no real JW or even a christian - I'll see you get yours at Armageddon!"

As someone that was once judged as not being spiritual enough to date someone else This site constantly amazes me when I see what the stuff other brothers and sisters where saying, thinking and doing and getting away with !

I was treated like Judas when compared to you lot I should have been the Pope PO

LOL

• ballistic
    ballistic

Shortly after I left, I sold a business to an active witness, and as I was DF, he saw fit to slip the word f*cking into a sentence. Now these days I swear quite a lot, but I don't see the need for it in professional situations or in business. But my point is, I couldn't believe the language of this guy, and he obviously thought that as I was DF, it would be ok to use this language.

So... I wondered how many other people were secretly acting as fine christains and using words like "f*cking" in their everyday life.

• zagor
    zagor

What I always found interesting was what they talk about number of witnoids throughout the world they almost always use the latest figure of attendees at memorial. Insinuating of course that all of them are either witnesses or not too far from it, which makes them indistinguishable hence number of JW is over 12 000 000. Obviously, they want to pump up numbers and leave impression that there are many millions of them in the world.

, which is all the more surprising that daily life of a J-dub, is completely different, as he/she has to view everyone around them with suspicion and possible "false brother" which means there are probably only few hundreds real dubs on this planet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit