Lets give JH our love and support!!

by ButtLight 52 Replies latest jw friends

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

JH.........

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time.

It was my dad's birthday 2 months ago, and I said happy birthday to him and gave him a gift. Since I became a witness many years ago, I never said happy birthday to him, just ignored saying it, but 2 months ago, I did and gave him a gift. He didn't expect it, and was happy.

I understand because I ignored my Dad for too many years. I'm just glad that I got close to my Dad the last few years of his life and wish I could have gone back 30 more. I bought him something on his birthdays and he was happy. His love for me was always there. I'm just so sorry that for so many years......I though of him as nothing because he wasn't a dub.

JH......cherish every moment you can at this time. You will get through this. I'll help you buddy. And so will many others here.

HappyDad

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

JH,

I'm so sorry to hear this news...

Sometimes, words just fail me...

Jeannie

• Cellist
    Cellist

(((((JH)))))

Cellist

• delilah
    delilah

{{{{{{{{{{{{ JH }}}}}}}}}}}} I'm sorry about your dad, John. It's times like this, that we especially need to draw closer to our loved ones. Share our love and support for one another.

Wishing your father comfort, and much love. Thinking of you, my friend.

~Dee~

• Es
    Es

So sorry to hear of this JH. You and your family are in my thoughts

es

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

JH!!! My little friend... I'm so sorry to hear about it. I know who devestating it is. I remember when my dad was diagnosed with cancer and how it affected everyone so badly.

We'll keep in contact JH - if you like it or not... I promise to be a friend to you in this time when you need the support.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Im sorry to hear about this situation JH. I know what it's like. My dad has some health issues that have my entire family concerned. I've been trying to appreciate every moment with him, even if it's just a quick hello.

Hang in there and know that you can find support and encouragement here.

• hubert
    hubert

Sorry to hear that sad news about your Dad's health.

Prayers go out to your Dad, yourself, and all your family.

Hubert and wife

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

JH,

Hope to have you back soon!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

JH..I'm sorry but is your Mom still around?

I just lost my hubby at age 63 from cancer. His was in his lung and spread to his liver..by the time they caught it it was way to late. They just gave him chemo to shrink the tumor in his lung and it worked.(And help kill the pain) But the liver was too far gone to process the chemo needed to kill the tumors in it.He was diagnosed in Sept. and died in Feb.(3 Years ago.)

And Happy Dad..I had the same experience with my parents..I was so cruel to them..I was a witness almost 20 years and refused to celebrate birthdays or holidays with them. It was really hard on them because my kids were their only grandkids.

I too got to spend some time with my parents after I left the religion. But it was too little too late.

I feel like both my parents and my family were robbed of precious time!..

JH..I hope they caught your Dad's in time. Hubby's liver was so full of tumors they just shook their heads and sent him home to die.

I don't know if giving him chemo was the right thing to do but we were desparate for a miracle.

People say at least he was an older person who lead a good life..but a loved one dying hurts no matter what age they are...you never have them with you long enough..

Hugs..Snoozy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit