PLEASE HELP ME!

by UNCLEAR 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Unclear ,

can you get hold of the Studies in the Scriptures, many kingdom halls have them. Otherwise go to the Bble Students sites for what the originals said, Bible Students still believe in what Russell taught and have his works searchable on the internet. Try either www.agsconsulting.com under resources or www.mostholyfarith.com/bible/Reprints

www.jwfacts.com has a section outlining what was expected for each date and the quotes. It was very plainly said that the rapture would happen in 1881, that the end would come in 1914 and later that the resurrection would happen in 1925.

He has said that he would change his mind if shown evidence. Make sure you hold him to his word. As soon as he sees these things his mind will try to wiggle out of accepting that it is an issue. Make him reinforce to you that if these things are wrong, or were said that it is an important deception. Do this before he sees any of the information on dates or 607, make him say againg that these are issues that will prove whether the Watchtower Society is directed by God.

My Cousin in Law said to a friend of mine that the WTS never predicted the end would come in 1914. She told him the article. So he drove to our Kingdom Hall and found it. When he drove back to her he suddenly changed his tune, saying "Well it proves they are Gods religion that they are honest enough to still have the books". That is classic cognitive dissonance, and you need to prepare your husband for it, rather than let it slap him in the face and find he runs from what he has already told you.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Unclear,

How are things going? Did you get the needed scans?? Did you find A.K. Graysons book?? Try www.jwfiles.com. Click on the blue ball ahead of the title desired, and the scan will pop up. Double click on the icon at the bottom of the scan that appears for a legible size.

SIncerely,

Lady Liberty

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

So the date they have come up with really is wrong? Hmm...perhaps I should really start doing some research on this subject. its always seem so overwhelming to tackle but maybe nows the time

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Hi Unclear and welcome to the forum. I'm no expert on the origination of the Watchtower Society. Ain't a dope? I should be. We all should be. How come the Witnesses want to disfellowship a person for studying about the religion? Ask your husband that. That question should send up some mental flares. Anyway, I am capable of borrowing others information off the web and posting it here. Here's part of one article/web page that I found:

Are you aware of the first "New Light" of Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the WTBTS, buried in Pittsburg, PA., at a Masonic Cemetary, with the infamous representation of the Tower of Babel (Pyramid) adjacent to his grave marker with the inscription "Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society" ... that He taught from 1879 till 1914 (35 years) that Jesus had return "invisbily" in 1874, and prophesied that Armeggedon was coming in 1914? Are you aware that this date was "whispered by angels" into the ears of WTBTS Founder and Present C.T. Russell? And that the "New Light" would be changed by "Jehovah" pertaining to the prophesied dates would later be changed to 1918, 1919, 1925, 1975, 2000 ... and that the "invisble" return of Christ would later be changed to 1914? Are you aware that C.T. Russell was originally taught by the Adventists that Jesus "invisible return" was an even earlier date prior to his creation of the WTBTS in 1879? And that they originally prophesied Armeggeson (sic) to come in 1873, then in 1874?
    http://experts.about.com/q/Jehovah-s-Witness-1617/believe-WTBTS-New-Light.htm

Have you noticed that everything they talk about is "invisible"? Come on now!? Then to find out that historically they've got it all wrong is really messed up!

To say that they didn't say it is like saying "The invisible man said it".

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Does anyone know if there are scanned copies of the prediction of 1914 being actual Armagedon, or anyone I can contact. He is determined to prove me wrong and will only use the society's literature everything secular or quoted is apostate...OHHH PLEASE! Like the whole world is lieing!

Bear in mind that what Russell taught was that the "battle of Armageddon" (construed as class struggle between different social groups and between nations) began in 1874 and would culminate in total anarchy and chaos in 1914...with world anarchy and the extermination of the human race being prevented by the visible establishment of God's kingdom on the earth in 1914. Note that Russell predicted that WWI would be a war of total extermination halted short by the intervention of God's kingdom:

"While the growing intelligence of Europeans is fast preparing them for the trouble and anarchy which God's Word predicts, it cannot reasonably be expected for some years yet. This is further in harmony with prophecy, though out of harmony with the expectations of many who look every day for a declaration of war in Europe, which they suppose will be the battle of the great day of God Almighty....The date of the close of that 'battle' is definitely marked in Scripture as October, 1914. It is already in progress, its beginning dating from October, 1874. Thus far it has been chiefly a battle of words and a time of organizing forces -- capital, labor, armies, and secret societies ... the final struggle will be comparatively short, terrible and decisive -- resulting in general anarchy. In many respects the convictions of the world's great generals coincide with the predictions of God's Word. Then 'Woe to the man or nation who starts the next war in Europe; for it will be a war of extermination.' It will be abetted not only by national animosities, but also by social grievances, ambitions and animosities, and if not brought to an end by the establishment of God's kingdom in the hands of his elect and then glorified Church, it would exterminate the race" (15 February 1892 Watch Tower, p. 21-23; WT Reprints, p. 1355).

Russell also published this article in 1894 that reaffirmed his assertions about 1914 in the preceding 15 January 1892 Watch Tower article, in the most dogmatic terms:

"Seventeen years ago people said, concerning the time features presented in MILLENNIAL DAWN, They seem reasonable in many respects, but surely no such radical changes could occur between now and the close of 1914.... Now, in view of recent labor troubles and threatened anarchy, our readers are writing to know if there may not be a mistake in the 1914 date. They say they do not see how present circumstances can hold out so long under the strain. We see no reason for changing the figures -- nor could we change them if we would. They are, we believe, God's dates, not ours. But bear in mind that the end of 1914 is not the date for the beginning, but for the end of the time of trouble. We see no reason for changing from our opinion expressed in the view presented in the WATCH TOWER of January 15, '92" (15 July 1894 Watch Tower, p. 226-231; Reprints, p. 1677)

And compare the following from the book The Time is at Hand (1908):

Russell also did not teach that Christ's presence began in 1914. This event he claimed occurred in 1874.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit