Bonsai Kittens ... have you heard about this?

by free2beme 18 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

er, I coulda sworn that they fell for a rather obvious, if elaborate, joke. Thanks for pointing out that they really just fell into the secret sin of speed reading, UncleBruce.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Well, I, for one, fell for it because...like I said, some people are THAT sick. The website in question described how they did it, with pictures. Details about how they glued up their behinds and tubed them to feed and evacuate. I know some peope don't care at all about how animals feel, and would do just that if it were possible. I guess I'm just so sensitive when it comes to cats, that I can't think clearly.

And even now, I'm scared that some messed up kid will see the site and try to do that with a kitten. I wouldn't be surpised if it had already happened.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Whenever I get some kind of a warning or petition email, I usually check its urban legend status before I participate in it.

Yesterday I got an un-professionally written email claiming that MSN was being shut down. I didn't even have to check the status on that one.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

is manbeef.com still around? That was always one of my favorite online jokes!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

yeah that's right sixofnine - you know what it's like, one minute you're a happy kid without a care in the world, next minute you're wearing a cheap brown suit and rushing about preach'n 'the end is nigh' .. could happen to anyone. unclebruce

ps: I particularly had bikerchic's post in mind and and a fake watchtower article that AF once posted and then made a similar claim to yours.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    ps: I particularly had bikerchic's post in mind and and a fake watchtower article that AF once posted and then made a similar claim to yours.

awe (((unclebruce))) I'm in a funky mood.....seeing those pics of the kittens just made me see red. I wondered if kittens would ever want to put people in bottles.....life really shouldn't be that cheap for any species, ya know?

I'm putting myself on a self imposed break today. I've got weeds to pull, one life form that can go.....

• daystar
    daystar

*wonders if bikerchic really quite got that the site was a hoax... a joke...*

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I guess I'm just so sensitive when it comes to cats {insert anything that rouses emotion}, that I can't think clearly.

I think ya hit the nail on the head. The site is ingenious--designed to make people think. Too bad some so easily miss the point. People expressed the same kind of outrage at Jonathan Swift's A Modest Proposal. Oh well.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Seems everyone knew about this, but me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit