Did Jehovah destroy millions with a flood in Noah's day?

by fish 96 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• mathead
    mathead

Wheres is the ARK?? It was big enough. The mountains of Ararat are cold enough so it should have been preserved. As yet there is no news footage taken of the ARK. Only a fricken god would have drown everybody. Even if they were truly evil then why could not god just zap em and end there life instanly?.. Oh no it's got to be for the sake of drame so we'll drown em slowly and let em suffer.

THE BIBLE IS A STORY BOOK

• slacker911
    slacker911

Mr. Kim,

For whatever reason you think I have my alias, I can assure you that you are wrong. Just like you have been wrong about everything else...

With regards to finding a true expert with a "Dr. of science degree"....again, you have proven yourself to be a laughable ingrate. What science would you care to discuss at any length? Unlike yourself, I wont threaten to charge you any fee to educate you on whatever branch of science you are interested in, including what I would assume to be your favorite brand, Science Fiction!

Also, any statements that I make are open to peer review and scrutiny by other posters on this forum, and I welcome such dialogue.

Now with regards to your statement that aquatic fossils have been found at elevations of 10,000 feet. You are 100% correct, in fact, you can find them higher! That doesnt mean that those mountains were once submerged at their present heights though. Anyone with a basic understanding of planetary geology and plate techtonics knows that mountains are caused by continental shelves and lithospheric plates as they move and push against each other. This causes a folding of the crust on the surface and a pushing up of the rock underneath. Any fossils contained on this land mass, aquatic or not, get pushed up...it really is that simple.

What I want to know from you is, what makes you think that those fossils are 5000 years old?

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Slacker and a few others,

You are one that desires a “showy display of things.” Yes, little one! Go about your path trying to prove yourself to all of those that will give you the verbal fellatio you so greatly pursue and desire.
    When you grow up and hopefully mature beyond your own ego and philosophy of men, you will know the difference between what is right and what is wrong. But then, do you really deserve this chance?

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Dear Mr. Kim,

You should be ashamed of yourself, are you a WTS appoligist? If not why are you using their stupid theories about the flood?

Claim CC364:

Seashells and other marine fossils have been found on mountaintops, even very tall ones. These indicate that the sea once covered the mountains, which is evidence for a global flood.

Source:
    Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, 1985. Life--How Did It Get Here? Brooklyn, NY, p. 203.

Response:

1. Shells on mountains are easily explained by uplift of the land. Although this process is slow, it is observed happening today, and it accounts not only for the seashells on mountains but also for the other geological and paleontological features of those mountains. The sea once did cover the areas where the fossils are found, but they were not mountains at the time; they were shallow seas.
    2. A flood cannot explain the presence of marine shells on mountains for the following reasons:
      • Floods erode mountains and deposit their sediments in valleys.
      • In many cases, the fossils are in the same positions as they grow in life, not scattered as if they were redeposited by a flood. This was noted as early as the sixteenth century by Leonardo da Vinci (Gould 1998).
      • Other evidence, such as fossilized tracks and burrows of marine organisms, show that the region was once under the sea. Seashells are not found in sediments that were not formerly covered by sea.

References:

1. Gould, Stephen J., 1998. The upwardly mobile fossils of Leonardo's living earth. In: Leonardo's Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms, New York: Three Rivers Press, pp. 17-44.
  • Mary
    Mary
    At the tops of most mountains, above 10,000 feet in elevation, you can find the evidence you need in aquatic fossils which are indigenous only to water.

If fossils were deposited by a global flood, both land and marine environments would be in the record in equal amounts. In other words, if three quarters of the world's surface is ocean and one quarter land, a global flood should produce three quarters marine fossil deposits and one quarter terrestrial ecosystems (trees, grasslands, etc.). This doesn't remotely describe what we find in the records.

If the Flood waters were mixed (both fresh water and sea water) into the existing oceans, all seawater (including the upper layers) would drop to approximately 25% of its former salinity level. However, if you assume that the vast quantities of fresh water did not mix thoroughly into the existing oceans, and allowed whatever portion of the oceans to retain their previous salinity levels, those parts of the ocean that the fresh water did mix thoroughly into, would exhibit an even greater reduction in salinity. The question is not whether any aquatic creatures whatsoever could survive this dramatic change in salinity levels; rather, the question is whether things like plankton (which is the foundation of the oceanic 'food web' and which is only found in the very topmost layers of the oceasn), could survive such a dramatic change in salinity levels. If plankton goes extinct, then creatures which feed on plankton starve to death soon after, and it goes all the way up the food chain until of course, you have total ocean sterility where nothing would or could survive.

• Mr. Kim
  • Spectre
    Spectre

This Mr. Kim really needs to get the zot.

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Mr. Kim,

Why do you respond to sincere responce with ridicule? Are you so unsure of your position that you respond to differing points of view by insulting the person giving it without looking at the evidence? Very childish.

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

Sick of lies,

I'm just having some fun! It is rather easy to turn people away from their path. I have forgotten more that most of these pups will ever know. But one thing is for sure, always keep up-to-date on current Science and Theory. Chances are what people accept as fact today will be proven wrong the following day!

• slacker911
    slacker911

Sick Of Lies (SL) and Mary, you both make excellent points...as I am new here, I hope to see you around!

SL, in response to your question to Mr. Kim regarding as to why he responded to sincere questioning with hostility almost immediately, I would venture a guess that he didnt anticipate being questioned, and that when he is, he certainly doesnt like it. His only possible initial reaction is to begin mocking the questioners in order to maintain his feeling of superiority. And when the obviousness of that betrays him, he then just insists that he was playing along the entire time, as it is his only way to save face.

Mr. Kim, you are completely ignorant and absolutely seem to enjoy wallowing in your own intellectual filth. What you mistake for ego on my part is in reality absolute abhorence for people who will make blatantly wrong and unresearched statements with no intention of ever backing them up, just for the sake of looking intelligent. And this is exactly what you have done with this thread. This type of behavior, which you EXCEL at, only harms other people and perpetuates lies, which is exactly what the WTS does. Like I said, maybe the Govering Body is hiring...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit