My rotten JW weekend

by LtCmd.Lore 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• LtCmd.Lore
    LtCmd.Lore

Ugh... Yesterday (Saturday) we did spring cleaning, IN THE RAIN!!! We were outside for about 3 hours in the freezing rain, raking leaves and spreading mulch. Just so we could look good for the memorial... we weren't even allowed to go inside to warm up because the had already cleaned everything and we were soaked. They did give us coffee, outside. Everyone was miserable.

And then today we had the watchtower about recreation. And they had a picture of witnesses cleaning the hall as recreation. (Spare time + Work = Recreation???) The whole article was about approved forms of entertainment. It was an article similar to this that made me question just how wonderfull the paradise would be in the first place.

Needless to say I'm exited to leave as soon as I can. How about you guy's. Did any of you have a similar experience?

By the way it's nice and sunny today. To bad the elders didn't think to wait 24 hours.

• inquirer
    inquirer

Sorry dude... LOL

Worldy people, like if there is a tennis match on... if it rains, they usually just close the roof and continue playing! :) Why work out in the rain? :D Could something be that urgent? lol Only council workers are forced to do that and they get paid for it so it's not so bad.

• blondie
    blondie

Do you think it was an accident that that picture was on the WT study just before the Memorial, eh?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

I'd rather have dog snot on me than to clean the hall in the RAIN!

Hang in there, you did good. Stay in school and get a good education so you will have control of your life when you make a run for it.

Way back in the day I walked about 10 miles to the Kingdom Hall because the sisters somehow forgot me, only to be told that I was not worthy to fold pamphlets by de lovely old Sister Flowers. What a crank she was.

Hang in there Lt.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

oh that sucks a bag! Maybe you could come down with pneumonia now after being exposed to all that rain and will unfortunately end up missing the memorial. Wouldn't that be irony for them...

• greendawn
    greendawn

You shouldn't have volunteered for it, given the JWs ungrateful nature what's the point of doing anything for them, tomorrow when you leave everything is going to get immediately written off and they won't even talk to you.

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Just like in slavery times they try to keep the Watchtower slaves so busy and tired they don't have time to think. Leisure time and comfort is the great enemy of the Watchtower ruling class.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Oh ! Horrid flashbacks of sunny Saturday afternoons sacrificed to Hall-cleaning. I was always assigned to wash the hundreds of metal bars on the chairs. You wouldn't beleive the stuff you can find there!

• Brigid
    Brigid

You poor kid! Hang in there. Glad you're posting here.

~Brigid

• truckerann
    truckerann

What I didn't appreciate was the brothers who stood around...giving orders to the sisters and having to dress up in a skirt in order to clean the Hall....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit