Crisis of Conscience

by south african beef 26 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I know one Witness who got baptized AFTER they read Crisis Of Conscience.

I was appointed MS and then elder after reading it

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

stilla...what? what were your circumstances????

• uninformed
    uninformed

I just ordered both books this past week.

Gary, you got me scared to death to read them!!

Wouldn't that be the craps!

u

• garybuss
    garybuss

I wouldn't worry too much:-)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

stilla...what? what were your circumstances???? Got baptized in the 1980s and a member of the congregation was going apostate. Heasked me to read C of C (firts edition). So I did. It showed me the GB were imperfect. I did not think it was a huge deal. I wanted the truth. I reached out and was appointed MS and then elder.

• geevee
    geevee

A big clincher for us was reading Edmond Gruss' book on the four presidents of the Watchtower. Bit of a challenge to read as there are appendices in the back that you must repeated turn to as you read, but talk about slam dunk.

I had read COC and Gentile Times Revisited, but after the president book I couldn't do it any longer.

• inquirer
    inquirer

south african beef,

Ive just ordered "Crisis of Conscience" from Amazon.

___

EPHATICALLY, YES!!! I am living proof, mate! :D You'll think the Society is too corrupt to attend... There is a guy on here who has the catholicexjw site, so he changed to that faith, but it's made me TO NEVER WANT TO ATTEND THE KINGDOM MALL (social club) or any other organized religion social club again!

*YOU'LL BE VERY SHOCKED WHEN YOU READ IT!

* You'll think Raymond is an angel of a bloke -- trust him with your life.

* You'll think the Governing Body are corrupt and unloving towards it's members.

* You'll (probably) think of never going back to any organized religion.

* You'll see how bad the the false dates of 1914, 25, and 75 are.

* You'll see they got rid of a nice bloke, Raymond Franz.

* You'll find that the J dubs are not a special group of people, they are just like any other religion but more strict than most.

ENJOY! It's one of the best books I've ever read in my whole life.

Oh! And one more thing: You'll find it very inspiring!

• inquirer
    inquirer

garybuss

I know one Witness who got baptized AFTER they read Crisis Of Conscience.

___

lol. He must have had a severely edited version from the WTS. :D Either that, or he didn't read it in his native tongue! :)

• inquirer
    inquirer

phil78
    I had to order mine in from the US. I had already left and just wanted to make sure i wold never want to go back. The book is definately full of anti GB experiences. I still have not fully read it. Its pretty full on. To go back or not is in your own heart, not in this book. We were all part of the witness religion because we believed without question everything we were told and everything we were told to read.

___

I don't know why in God's world why anyone would want to return! I just don't understand! It's out my realms of comprehension. Unless they like lots and lots of long speeches and lots and lots of people wearing suits and ties! :) It's up to them, I guess. They must have been lucked out in Russian Roulette! :D

• inquirer
    inquirer

geevee
    A big clincher for us was reading Edmond Gruss' book on the four presidents of the Watchtower. Bit of a challenge to read as there are appendices in the back that you must repeated turn to as you read, but talk about slam dunk.

____

When you said slam dunk + Gentile Times Reconsidered, it sparked off a thought in my head -- When Carl Jonson wrote Gentile Times, it's the equivalent of 9/11 planes hitting the Watchtower building!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit