PREACHING has STOPPED / ARMAGEDDON has BEGUN !!

by DannyHaszard 78 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Received via email from a supporter,has anyone heard of this Watchtower cult development?

{...I just wanted to let you know about some recent and alarming news in the WTS. My sister, who is not baptized yet, has been going to the meetings on a regular basis with my Mom, who is full time pioneer. On a recent phone conversation, she told me that two weeks ago the congregation she was attending had their circuit overseer visit. There was a special talk, of course, in which the overseer told the congregation that 'the time is at hand', that 'preaching has stop already in over 20 countries' and that 'the great tribulation has started'. My sister, who is only 25 and has two boys, is freaking out and asked for my opinion on this. She obviously still believes their theology and as any mother, she wants to protect her children. That's why she has been attending all these meetings. But that's another story. My sister also mentioned that this brother asked the whole congregation 'to pray for the anointed, for they are the ones who will suffer more on Satan's last war'...} ----- Footnote from Danny,this kind of Jehovah's Witnesses cult hysteria i have seen before,notably during the cuban missle crisis,the big power outage in the usa and during major news episodes of the 1970's

• potleg
    potleg

It's sick. That an organization teaches this kind of vailed hatred for anyone with alternate beliefs is beyond me. These pictures make 9-11 seem like nothing and yet this is what JWs are looking forward to...the destruction of all the ungodly.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

the destruction of all the ungodly. Those not of our sort anybody not a JW

LONG TIME NO HEAR FROM POTLEG - good to see you posting

• wednesday
    wednesday

there may be a little something to this rumor, ie, also rumors this is last memorial. I have seen this before too

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

hmmm

well how long is the great trib supposed to last?

my guess is that they are losing people fast and are desperate to keep them in...

what better way to do so then by scaring them in or dangling the paradise carrot over their heads?

(shakes head; goes back to work... another 1975)

meagan

• anewme
    anewme

OMG I hope they dont pass the koolaid at this memorial!!!!!!

I have so many loved ones in this org. still and I worry about them!!!!!

They are so susceptible to the suggestions from the society. They would do anything for Jehovah and the Watchtower Society. They trust it implicitly!

Then again, if they get reeeeeeeeeal dissappointed like in 1975 maybe they will leave the org in disgust!

• Pole
    Pole

:There was a special talk, of course, in which the overseer told the congregation that 'the time is at hand', that 'preaching has stop already in over 20 countries' and that 'the great tribulation has started'.

Too good to be true, IMHO. I'd love to see poor JWs preaching imminent doom and then trying to wiggle out of it again.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Footnote from Danny,this kind of Jehovah's Witnesses cult hysteria i have seen before,notably during the cuban missle crisis,the big power outage in the usa and during major news episodes of the 1970's

Brings back memories...it was like this in the 80s too. Every time there was a meeting between the superpowers (like the S.A.L.T.-agreements), my mother got all hysterical: "This is it! Now they will say peace and no danger...and then Armageddon comes!".

Personally I`m loving this, if it`s true that a hysteria is building up again. I feel sorry for the JW-children who will suffer because of this hysteria, but for their parents, I only wish for more delayed expectations and disappointments, one after the other.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

I wish it were true that they are proclaiming this,i emailed Randy Watters and he say's HQ would never allow it,that this may be a rogue CO.

Know this,,,,if Judgment days come the Jehovah's Witnesses will be the first to be adversely judged as wicked,so goes the saying be careful what you wish for.

I have no fear!

• New Worldly Translation
    New Worldly Translation

Thanks heads up on this Danny

If they do make an announcement like this I think it's great news. Every time they make grandiose claims like this they put their head in a noose and when it inevitabley turns out to be false many of the previously loyal rank and file pull the trapdoor N.B. 1914, 25, 75 etc

In the short term it could mean an upturn in fervour culminating at the summer convention but in the longer term there's going to be a lot of disappointed JW's, and not the first time for many.

I'm guessing they've said the preaching work has stopped in 20 countries in that growth has stagnated or gone into decrease. They must be expecting more unfavourable worldwide results to be making statements like this. It's kind of ironic that they're affiliated to the organisation that they say will be the prime mover in this 'great tribulation'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit