Well, bugger me, I got a visit by the local E Team

by Deleted 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Deleted
    Deleted

It was August 1998 when I attended my last KH meeting, and I have been unrepently out for 7 years. I had my last (and only) visit from an elder I respected six months after that. I have been a reader of Randy Watters as I was leaving.

The two elders at my door at 6:15 this evening were new to the congo - no one I knew would go out in service on a Saturday night! You'd find people home!!

I was very surprised when I opened my mouth to speak. I was annoyed and sounded so. I think I was annoyed that it took 6 years and two new elders to have The Friends call. But I think it was because I disagree so much with what I did, and they do - like an ex-smoker I was fuming inside. I have had occasional social contact with JWs and that hasn't bothered me at all. But this felt Organizational and I immediately reacted.

I got the invite to the KH and The Memorial. I said that they wouldn't want me there as I would Partake (I just wanted to mess with their heads). And then I said they should read John 6:53, thanked them for coming, and shut the door.

Weird, I didn't think I still was postJW wacky. I don't believe that much of the orthodox christ-myth as it is. Why did I lash out where I thought it would hurt ... with Faux Apostasy!

Glen

John 6: 53 Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.

• Scully
    Scully

I have a sign on my door that says "NO PEDDLING, NO SOLICITING, NO PREACHING".

The JWs haven't bothered me with visits in a couple of years now. It's great.

• luna2
    luna2

I think its hard to know how you'll react until confronted. I thought I'd just nod my head and look sad and depressed and not say anything so that I didn't have to have a confrontation. What actually happened was that I heard the knock on the door, looked down from my second floor window to determine who it was, and made the decision that I didn't feel like talking to them and wouldn't answer the door....then the sis had the gall to call me from her cell to try to convince me to let them in and I got angry. Let her know that I thought it was a bunch of crap and that I wasn't wasting another minute of my life on being one of Jebozo's Witnesses. It was cathartic.

I've been approached since and I am able to be calm and smiling the whole time I'm telling them that they are brainwashed nutters (not in those words, but thats the giist of it).

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I said that they wouldn't want me there as I would Partake (I just wanted to mess with their heads). And then I said they should read John 6:53, thanked them for coming, and shut the door.

good one! I wonder if they'll take the time to read that scripture?

• phil78
    phil78
    I got the invite to the KH and The Memorial. I said that they wouldn't want me there as I would Partake (I just wanted to mess with their heads) And then I said they should read John 6:53, thanked them for coming, and shut the door.

No!

bugger ME!

I dont know how or why, but it seems to me that John 6:53 says we are all invited to partake in the memorial.

I havent opened a bible in 2 years but i had to check that out for myself. I read it in context. I read the whole chapter. I even read all the reference scriptures for that piece. In the JW New world translation. I looked for an explanation as to why jesus would say that, and then why the GB would say only the anointed are able to partake. After 26 yrs in the org, i dont think i ever read that verse.

But i must have. Im feeling so confused again. Im sure there must be an explanation.

How did I miss that.

• Deleted
    Deleted

Dear Phil, I felt exactly the same when I read John 6:53 - how come I missed that one!! I can't find my NWT, so I don't know if there's a nuance in that translation that implies anything other than each and every individual should partake of the bread and wine to have life. I took Randy Watters advice and read the Bible without my WTS glasses on some time back. It's totally different! Glen

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

here is the new world translation john 6:53 and surrounding verses..

52 Therefore the Jews began contending with one another, saying: “How can this man give us his flesh to eat?” 53 Accordingly Jesus said to them: “Most truly I say to YOU , Unless YOU eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, YOU have no life in yourselves. 54 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life, and I shall resurrect him at the last day; 55 for my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. 56 He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me, and I in union with him. 57 Just as the living Father sent me forth and I live because of the Father, he also that feeds on me, even that one will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. It is not as when YOUR forefathers ate and yet died. He that feeds on this bread will live forever.” 59 These things he said as he was teaching in public assembly at Ca·per´na·um.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Deleated,

What is up with that?? Why wouldn't you feel angry! ??? You see how very important they have felt you were all this time!! And what in the heck were they quoting that scripture for??? Maybe they should try reading the Bible more often! To see what it REALLY says!! Bizarre!!!!!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• garybuss
    garybuss

After I quit attending group meetings, it took Batman and Robin 9 years to call on me. I gave the fabulous duo 10 questions to answer for me and after 9 more years they still were looking for the answers to the first question. Dumb and dumber.

Crisis Of Conscience answered all 10 or em and a few dozen I didn't even know I had. I wish I had found that book when it was first written. I could have used it then.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Hey Glen glad you survived the visit!

I got the invite to the KH and The Memorial. I said that they wouldn't want me there as I would Partake (I just wanted to mess with their heads). And then I said they should read John 6:53, thanked them for coming, and shut the door.

LOL I can totally see you doing that, thanks for the giggles!

BTW Craig says "hi".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit