Were you a nodder?

by merfi 15 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

we got a bubble head too, also a bubble belly but that is nasty.

i nod too. i nodded at bethel with many others during morning worship and wacthower study. they sucked unless you had a right winger doing it.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

When I was younger I was quite expressive of my reactions to what I was hearing -- either agreement or disagreement -- in the latter case it could be quite troubling for the speaker.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

All our nodders were getting on a bit; there don't seem to be so many in full agreeance any more.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Oh yeah, in one congo I was in there were many black sisters who not only nodded, clucked, clapped, and whispered loudly to those beside them, but also muttered under their breath whenever the speaker said something especially enlightening.
    It went like this:
    "...and that's why we need to trust in the faithful slave brothers!"
    "mmhmm, you said it."

No, I'm not kidding. I know this sounds horribly stereotypical, but you know what? I have learned that stereotypes are true. Anyway, it was hilarious.

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I used to nod only when certain speakers were giving talks....apparently it gave them more confidence and they got their jollies knowing someone out there was getting their point. I was merely being kind to the speaker - I'm just too nice

~Beck~

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Oh yeah, in one congo I was in there were many black sisters who not only nodded, clucked, clapped, and whispered loudly to those beside them, but also muttered under their breath whenever the speaker said something especially enlightening.

It went like this:

"...and that's why we need to trust in the faithful slave brothers!"

"mmhmm, you said it."

In our hall there is a sister who does this exact thing and she is not black. It's much funnier when a white person does it. We all make jokes that she joined the wrong religion. She should have been a Southern Baptist or a holy roller Pentacostal. She really stands out in our hall because the rest of them are so old and stodgy and sedate, (read half asleep).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit