Last Memorial or Not?

by Blueblades 15 Replies latest jw friends

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was pressured to go last year. This year hells no. The one thing that kills me about the push to get 'inactive' ones to the memorial...dont most witnesses talk under there breath about ones who only come to the hall for the memorial and assemblys? Why would I go to such a meeting only to be looked down on by such nincompoops?

• luna2
    luna2
    ...dont most witnesses talk under there breath about ones who only come to the hall for the memorial and assemblys?

Absolutely! Do they think we (those of use who used to be dubs) don't remember how it was? Even if, for some unfathomable reason, I wanted to go, this attitude of condemnation and judgment by many of the "friends" would stop me.

You know, I don't remember when I went to my last memorial either. Cool.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

As a child, I remember how important it felt to actually hold the plate of flat bread and the glass of wine. With our new dresses on, my parents made a point to stop and point and show us how full the moon was. And explain what an important night it was. I still didn't understand it, but it felt important and special. The last memorial I went to, I went with my two children, 3 and 8. I may have been disfellowshiped, but I knew it was important to be there, and important to teach my children what an important night it was. They were excited and looked forward to the evening. Like was tradition I took them out and bought them a new outfit and pointed to the full moon. After praying for guidance and support, I walked in, I humbly took a seat towards the back, as closest to the door as possible, and on the end. I sat my three year old on the end seat. Me second and my 8 year old on the next seat. When the bread and wine was passed, I and my children was skipped. The elder stepped in to isle in front of my son and handed the emblems to the person on the other side of my daughter not even allowing any of us to touch the precious emblems. I never went back. lisa

• greater_freedom
    greater_freedom

I went last year. Hadn't been to a meeting in over a year. My divorce wasn't final yet and my two sons were living with me. I invited a lady friend to go with us. She sat with us and observed in total boredom. All the 'old friends' pretty much ignored my sons and I, because the ex had spread all her propaganda about how I was the bad guy. She no longer attended there because the elders had counciled her about bringing dissension to the cong. Anyway the friends swarmed my lady friend, new meat. They 'so happy she could attend a most sacared event'. She saw right through thier phonny bs. Two days later I get a nasty phone call from the ex, how dare I bring some whore to the KH. An elders wife called to tell her the juicy news. I never heard a word from that congo since. (I grew up in that cong since 1960.) They just sent my records to a different cong at my ex's request without ever talking to me. I guess that washes thier hands clean of any shepherding responsabilities. No plans on going this year, I'm busy preparing my DA letter for 4-15.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I don't remember when my last memorial was, maybe 4 years ago 2002??? I know that I went 2001. Summer 2001 I started my fade.

Blueblades

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    After praying for guidance and support, I walked in, I humbly took a seat towards the back, as closest to the door as possible, and on the end. I sat my three year old on the end seat. Me second and my 8 year old on the next seat. When the bread and wine was passed, I and my children was skipped. The elder stepped in to isle in front of my son and handed the emblems to the person on the other side of my daughter not even allowing any of us to touch the precious emblems.

... Lisa, it is appalling that they treated you and your children that way and I'm glad you're not taking them back. In a way, that guy did you a favour as you could finally see through their 'loving provision' of disfellowshipping and start living your own life. I bet the guy thought he was protecting the stupid emblems from being infected with something. What a tool. I'm not going this year, for the first time; although actually I think one year I just forgot, I don't remember now! If I'm lucky nobody will ask me what I was doing on Wednesday night.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit