Last Memorial or Not?

by Blueblades 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Did someone mention that a C.O. was quoted as saying that this years Memorial would be the last one celebrated by the Society?

Blueblades

• blondie
    blondie

"might be" "could be"

Could have said it last year or in 1974

or 1983 (1914 + 70 years generation)

or 1993 (1914 + 80 years if mighty generation)

I could die tonight too............a sobering thought.

Blondie

Possible end dates:

2005 (1935 + 70 years) Guess it wasn't that.

2012 (end of Mayan calendar)

2014 (1914 + 100 years)

2034 (1914 + 120 years as given to Noah)

http://www.bible.ca/pre-date-setters.htm

• JH
    JH

It's not the last one....I'm not ready yet and I rule.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

My last Memorial was in 1998.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Man, I really don't remember the date of the last memorial I attended.

• blondie
    blondie

So, JH, I thought you didn't have any family that were JWs. You still have friends that you are afraid won't talk to you if you don't go? Can't be for the food and drink since you can't have any unless you are going to the After Memorial Night Gorge at someone's house or restaurant.

I was watching a man at work. We have a TV in the cafeteria and it is tuned to CNN (sometimes Fox) news channel. Bush came on and started talking and a man got up and walked away, he couldn't listen to even a moment.

I know that is what I would do at the KH, as soon as the speaker started talking, I would have to leave assuming I didn't have to stop at the restroom first to make a deposit.

I could just put in earphones and listen to the radio.

Love, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie
    Man, I really don't remember the date of the last memorial I attended.

A goal I aspire to, FHN. Blondie

• Dawn
    Dawn

Last one I went to was in 2005. I went with my mom because my dad (an elder) had just died and she didn't want to be alone. Yea - I know - it was just a guilt trip.

But I don't plan on going again. She invites me every year - but I told her I won't go again. I refuse to go to a service where the entire congregation mocks Jesus' commands by refusing to do as he asked and calling it a "celebration"

• Pinhead
    Pinhead

We should all meet up and go to one specific memorial. There would be no seats. Standing room only. When we get the bread and the wine we ALL partake and then say " Any salsa with this? " or " I'll take a refill." LOL.

-Pinhead

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

We should all meet up and go to one specific memorial. There would be no seats. Standing room only. When we get the bread and the wine we ALL partake and then say " Any salsa with this? " or " I'll take a refill." LOL.

-Pinhead

Yeah! And also say: Where's the beef?!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit