My small but hopefully mighty note to the newspaper

by merfi 12 Replies latest watchtower medical

• merfi
    merfi

It's not terribly impressive, but given the small size of this town and the small number of pubs at the KH, this might be relatively huge.

I just emailed this to the newspaper editor today: I gave blood Tuesday, April 4th for the first time. Somewhere, someone's life might be saved by my donation. I work at **** hospital*** and have seen blood used to bring color to someone's granny's cheeks, to help a new mom recover from a difficult childbirth and to give a young man with cancer a higher count so that he can receive chemotherapy and continue his fight. As well, a donated unit of blood is used to make vaccinations, medications and other "fractions", which are used to benefit the people who need them. This is something that I'm happy and proud to be a part of. At one time in my life, I did not have the freedom of giving blood because of religious reasons. However, after much research and thought, my conscience could no longer allow letting misinterpreted scriptures and life-threatening doctrines come between me and doing the right thing for those in my community. The ******'s Bloodbank's mobile unit is at ***** the first Tuesday of the month. I encourage everyone to donate if they're able and become a part of saving someone's life

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Good for you! Both for donating blood and for having the courage to write this letter.
    All those decades going door to door yet you likely saved someone's life with that one act. Your letter may save (or free) others.
    Love the freedom!
    Uzzah

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

You go girl! I'm sure this will cause a big stir if you're in a small town. However, if any JWs in that small town are having doubts, this may be just the clear logic that they need to help them open up their mind.

Keep us posted.

Thegoodgirl

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Well written and could save more lives than a million Wacktowers, lol!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Hey...good for you ! It feels good to do something that helps others...it's especially sweet when the WTS chokes over it !

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You go girl!

ditto

• Gill
    Gill

Well Done!

To think we were 'saving lives' by placing Watchtowers! We must have been insane!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Very impressive. There is a lot of power in the subtle approach (something I lack most of the time) and the line that it is used to make vaccinations and fractions may just get someone thinking.

• wombat
    wombat

Merfi....That was a really well written letter. Positive and encouraging - not vindictive. Your community will be proud of you (although that is not the reason for your writing it).

We look forward to hearing if it is published and the response from your community in the weeks ahead.

Anyway...who cares about any effect on the local JWs. By donating blood you did something that made this world a better place.....Good on ya.......

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

It feels good to actually do something that other people do need and appreciate.

I gave blood the first time (only time so far) last year. I almost passed out .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit