Rank and Baseless New Light speculation

by FreeWilly 29 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

I thought the rumor was the Revelation book would follow the bible teach book for the book study group.

Oh the rumors the rumors what are to do about the rumours?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I just love this kind of speculation thread - especially when tied to the imminent meltdown of yet another failed prophecy!

To me, the 1935 is like a nuclear subs reactor running pretty hot with the control rods stuck on overload. It is just like the 1914 generation as far as its chronology - but consider the difference in the fudge factor with each:

How far into the future could/can each be stretched?

1914 - bible based 70 or 80 obviously got completely thin by 1994. If they had made the argument that some live to 90, then they are admitting that modern science is prolonging life and pushing past the bible ages. (bad scene for lovers of literal numbers) They already jetissoned the "old enough to know part". The workover (blow some excess steam into the sea...) finally came in 1995 when nothing else could have been plausible as an excuse.

1935 - by the same logic, bible based 70 or 80 runs completely out in 2005 or 2010. But wait, they can't jetisson "old enough to know"; for this date it has to be "old enough to be baptized". So, by witness standards, maybe 16 in 1935. (by Jesus standards 30). So in reality, by the most flimsy excuse, there can hardly be a genuine "sealed" 1935 annointed elder less than 87. (i.e. born at least as far back as 1919 - or age 88 if you want to take the "prophetic" 1918...). The only fudge factor left is the finding of yet another "replacement" annointed of an unfaithful from the first part of the century. Reactor Coolant getting a little warm again, eh Scotty?

The beauty part of that is that they are already scared of these newbie "replacements" because they may be spiritually radioactive crazies!!! And, the doctrine is twice as "hot"!

So what if you lose the "generation of 1914" - no big deal: Big A is still further out.

But, if you lose 1935...( which was at the "core" of the literal 144,000 idea ) - notice I am really getting into this nuclear reactor analogy...

* Majority of current and all new members of Governing Body may be "contaminated"...check their badges!

* The literal 144,000 made up by Rutherford himself could be at risk! It is way past its theoretical "half-life"!

James -

(ok, so maybe I should not have stayed up and watched that movie "Sub K-19, the Widowmaker" last night...)

• TheListener
    TheListener

James I hear you and somewhat agree.

I just think that most witnesses don't really think about the 1935 date. Most of the newer ones don't even know what it is. They have never heard the replacement doctrine.

To them it's as simple as 144,000 go to heaven and there are some left. Yes, some younger crazies partake and that's why the number is inflated. That's why the society gives the reminder WT article before the memorial telling everyone who should partake and whos shouldn't.

I think if they just stop mentioning 1935 the won't need to change the doctrine at all. Dubs just don't care.

The core of the problem to me is that the dubs themselves don't care about these doctrines. We do.

The society needs something to motivate the dubs into re-action and re-contributing.

• Amnesty Vendor
    Amnesty Vendor

Aren't we placing way too much emphasis on the GB requirement?

They have been setting JWs up for a powershift since the Given Ones doctrine. Now that the individual members of the GB are safely protected by a melange of corporate structures, they can delegate decision making power to whomever they please. Ex-bethelites know well of 'powerful' non-anointed heavies, like Larson, Couch, Peloyan,etc. They have just made it more official with these new corporations. They will always be able to find some anointed figure-head so that the R&F will believe that JC is communicating with some old guy in a holy white room @ bethel.

Apparently, true apostates believe are sure that changes will be driven by the non-anointed, new corporate leaders. Would you not agree? Of course you do, as true apostates in the final minutes of this organization!

• james_woods
    james_woods

I am reluctantly forced to give TheListener my special BEACON OF REALITY award because he is admittedly right.

These poor people do not have a clue as to even how you sum up (2520 - 607 + 1), or why you would do so in the first place. This kind of thing is "complex math and doctrinal science" to them and not for the masses. 1935? They have probably never even heard of it.

I forget to add to my runaway nuclear reactor scenario: "Homer Simpson is at the controls - eating donuts on break"

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Sombody mentioned Sam Herd - good point. However, I gotta wonder how many more Sam Herd's they have waiting in the wings. Brother Losche is fairly young, but they had to ship him in all the way from Germany. Brother Lett is young too, and he came from the CO ranks. The older GB were typically long time Bethelites that climed the laddar. More and more they are looking outside.

My guess is that there are many more "I'm anointed so people think I'm spaaicial" types swirling around out there..

Awwwh heck it's probably nothing. Wouldn't it be great if one of us 'called it' though? If so, that person should receive a special JWD Title: Resident Prophet (prophetess)

-FW

• gumby
    gumby
    Awwwh heck it's probably nothing. Wouldn't it be great if one of us 'called it' though? If so, that person should receive a special JWD Title: Resident Prophet (prophetess)

I think you made a good point Willy in this thread with the 1935 -2006 point as to how their "time is running out".

8, 500 left on the earth ( annointed approx.) that supposedly are not yet sealed in the sense as being tested for worthiness yet, then finally sealed when they ARE tested, seems to put armageddon a ways off....especially if many of these are middle aged.

I cannot figure out WHY the society continues to count the partakers, then put that count in print each year in the watchtower. They cut their own throats and it adds no value to their teaching regarding this. The easiest solution out of this dilema would be to discontinue counting and printinging the remaining left on earth of the annointed. This way they could mearly say to the R&F...."brothers, there are only a few of the annointed left remaining...Jehovah's day is close"!

Hey, maybe I'll submit this idea to Brooklyn and see if I can make history! Besides, ministerial servants get tired having to pay attention and having to 'count" the partakers at the memorial.

Gumby Franz the Third

• greendawn
    greendawn

Don't fraternise with the enemy, LOL, they are indeed shooting themselves in the leg by giving an anointed count though it is no doubt a cooked one. But the dubs know arithmetic and realise that by now there should hardly be any "anointed" left.

It's interesting to note that the petty dictator Jaracz was baptised post 1935, in the 1940's in fact.

• gumby
    gumby
    It's interesting to note that the petty dictator Jaracz was baptised post 1935, in the 1940's in fact.

Also, any of them worthy since 1935....had to have been at least 20 years old to become eligiable in 1935...meaning they had to be born in 1915....which would make them 91 years old today. That's if they were 20, and as we know, they were older than that for the most part when they were "chosen".

How many 90 year olds partake? I'll bet not 8500.

Gumby

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

1957 will be the new date

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit