Rank and Baseless New Light speculation

by FreeWilly 29 Replies latest jw friends

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

Warning, conspiracy theory ahead!

In the past few years we've seen a few of the old-school anointed GB members pass away. Given the fact that major organizational issues are decided by a vote within the GB, I wonder if the balance of power is shifting. Perhaps the younger blood doesn't share the old-school's penchant for fringe teachings. Perhaps we will see the Organization move closer toward mainstream. This too could be a strategic opportunity to vote on changes that would not have passed with the old-schoolers still alive. OR, it could be something much more insidious altogether (Buu ha ha ha haaaaa).

I think the teaching surrounding 1935 could be up for revision. This one is losing credibility fast as time goes by (just like the generation teaching). The Society teaches that all of the 144,000 anointed were identified and "sealed" in 1935. Thereafter, any post 1935 anointed ones could only be replacements for any of the Pre-1935ers who fell away. The Society also teaches that these anointed will be alive during the great tribulation, so there always have to be some anointed ones on Earth running the show. If the GB are dying off, they have to replace them with more anointed. SOOOOooooo, what's happening is that they are running out of Pre-1935 anointed ones. Typically, anyone who has claimed to be anointed in the past 70 some years is/was looked upon with some skepticism. Sure some post-1935 Brothers are considered respectable, but many of the "claimed to be anointed" ones are often considered crazies.

I've heard a number of

Is there a power struggle brewing?

-FW

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

In fact I've head a number of Bethel heavies jokingly use the phrase "so-n-so who claims to be of the anointed". Brothers who are appointed to positions of high authority at Bethel nowadays typically do NOT claim to be anointed . If they did claim to be anointed - especially within the last 30 or 40 years - they would be looked upon somewhat as weirdo's and probably not progress, especially at Bethel. Yet, as things stand now, all of the major organizational decisions are made by the GB who by definition, must be anointed. Someone has to run the ship, and those "someone's" have to be anointed. The hierarchy at Brooklyn could fear that their teaching regarding Anointed Organizational leadership is leaving them no choice but to choose from an ever growing pool of crazy wanne-be anointed ones to takeover the reigns of their Billion Dollar Organization. I can't think that's going to happen.
    Is there a power struggle brewing?
    -FW

• FreeWilly
  • FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

WTF?

• FreeWilly
  • greendawn
    greendawn

The anointed dogma is trash that they use to make themselves appear important they claim that they have provided 52000 out of the 144000 anointed that's 36% in a few decades of existence, yet they are just an insignificant cultic group. That is obviously absurd.

As for the GB there will always be new younger ones replacing older ones that failed. Apparently they have a near 100% failure rate.

• gumby
    gumby

LMAO! Wuz a matter Willy......is the formatting here gettin on your nerves? lol!!!!

Gumby....I'm gonna say some more stuff but had to laugh first.

• FreeWilly
    FreeWilly

I think I'm on to something..... Bethel is hacking the system so I can't complete my post!

GAWD WTF is up with it today?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Since the "new light" study article repeated the 1935 claim with approval as a "flash of light", we can assume that is not what is up for revision - not this time at least.

I liked the observation about the "anointed" 100% failure rate - so true, it is the only explanation for the figure remaining cinstant for decades... unless the whole thing is a bunch of crap, of course.

• gumby
    gumby
    This one is losing credibility fast as time goes by (just like the generation teaching).

I'd have to disagree that the gereration teaching has lost it's credibility. I see it in full swing among the dubs. Aren't dubs buying new homes, investing, and planning for the future in your area? They are in mine.

The Society teaches that all of the 144,000 anointed were identified and "sealed" in 1935. Thereafter, any post 1935 anointed ones could only be replacements for any of the Pre-1935ers who fell away.

And it's these replacements you mentioned that have to be "tried and tested" first before armageddon can come. They believe when the final sealing is complete (all have been tested), then the 4 angels holding the winds of destruction upon the earth will let the winds go. This condradicts with the fact the sealing was supposed to have been completed in 1935........but it's the society were talkin bout here and the poor bastards can't get their tits out of the ringer they custom fit for themselves.

If the GB are dying off, they have to replace them with more anointed.

They already have added a GB members with newer annointed ( see samuel herd)...and nobody blinked an eye. Why would they care?

Gumby

what's happening is that they are running out of Pre-1935 anointed ones

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit