Little House on the Prairie

by BlessedStar 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

If you have TV Land, tune in at 8:00 pm eastern every night and you can see the very first shows, dating to 1974.

I don't have TV Land. They used to have LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE on TBS but I don't know what happened.

blessedstar

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Still watch it, still love it! And I have my 12 year old hooked as well. Good wholesome family show. Corney by todays standards. But regardless, gives good lessons, that often touch our heart!

L.L.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

The first episode -- "Night One" -- chronicles Charles Ingalls' decision to uproot his wife, two young daughters and faithful dog, Jack, from their Wisconsin home to claim a new parcel of land on the Kansas prairie.

The expedition is decidedly perilous - rough terrain, wild animals and complete isolation are faced with only the aid of whatever they could fit in the covered wagon. But to two young girls, this land of high grass, mysterious Indian hunting trails and limitless sky is full of magical adventure.

Young Laura and Mary are dazzled by their father's ability to build their new home, hunt skillfully and begin the process of farming the wild land. He also befriends their most entertaining neighbor, Mr. Edwards, whose sense of humor makes up for his lack of manners - to everyone except Ma.

BlessedStar

• caligirl
    caligirl

Between Hallmark channel (runs 4 episodes per day) and TV land, there is about 5 hours a day to catch a re-run. I loved it when I was little, and still enjoy watching it.

• ChakkaConned
    ChakkaConned

I check it out often on Hallmark....along with THE WALTON'S. Talk about corny but I must admit, I still enjoy all of the homespun life lessons and insights each show offers. It makes me feel good at times, ya know, with all of the problems "of this old system of things".

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

"of this old system of things".

Actually the old system of things is actually peaceful. In the sense that - tell me how could you not find relaxing by the river peaceful than looking out of a crummy city window - all you see are roof tops - no trees and smoke.

blessedstar

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Fans will want to view this website, maintained by Alison Arngrim, the actress who played Nellie Olson...

http://www.hgd.com/alison/

Shocking acecdotes about Michael Landon!!!!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I used to read the books they had. I was such a nerd back in the day.

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Yes, it was a wig!
    Many Faces...
    Alison as Nellie Oleson

Welcome to our tribute to our buddy Alison Arngrim...better know to those "Little House on the Prairie" fans as the meanest little girl in the West: Nellie Oleson.

Coooool

blessedstar

• juni
    juni

I loved the series and I remember that my daughter especially loved the series also.

I believe on Hallmark Channel "Mystery Woman" stars Melissa Gilbert. Good show.

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit