Little House on the Prairie

by BlessedStar 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

One of the best of the family-oriented shows of the 1970's

It had some very touching moments.

Who remembers Laura Ingalls and Nelly Oleson ?

blessedstar

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

OMG!!! That was my mothers favourite show - she never missed an episode - even if it was a meeting night we'd all get to stay home (loved it when the shows were on a Tuesday or Thursday night). We could hardly get through a show without crying.

BB

• anewme
    anewme

I do Blessed Star! I agree that was great T.V and very wholesome.
    As a child I read all the Laura Ingalls Wilder books.

I think they were rather influential in my life.

Now I live in the little house in the big canyon!

My little chihuahua girl has to play the part of Laura

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

Cute huh?

blessedstar

• Legolas
    Legolas

Yes I grew up watching that as well!

• BlessedStar
    BlessedStar

This amazing show! It displays such moral character and family love.

The well which at one time helped Ma get water...saved those trips to the stream

Blessedstar

• serendipity
    serendipity

I liked the books more than the show, but we watched the show too.

• towanda
    towanda

Ahhh, the little house series. Loved the books especially. When I was a teenager, a gal that was studying at the hall lent me a series of books by the author Janet Oke. At first I was a little weirded out because they were "Chrisitian Books," very similar to the Laura Ingalls series, but with a few more episodes of "thanking god." Funny thing is, when I read them, I thought, "This is how the witnesses should be. Hard working, big into family, helping each other raise a barn (or today's equivilant), not dogmatic or demanding that others share their crazy brand of faith". I was only 15, and I didn't leave the borg till I was 31. I'm a slow learner . Gotta love the Ingalls/Wilder gang!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

my brotheres would have a fit when i'd demand to watch LH..

i think they wanted to watch 6 million dollar man or some such nonsense.

i loved the books.. have even read them as an adult..and visited laura and almonzos gravesite in missouri.. and yeah i teared up a little lol

• Mulan
    Mulan

This was Rachel's (Princess) absolute favorite show when she was little. She even was allowed to watch it on the color TV when Monday Night Football was on. Her Dad never let the boys win that battle.

I think she still watches the reruns. I always thought Rachel and Melissa Gilbert looked quite a bit alike too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit