Whatever phase this is....

by merfi 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• Scully
    Scully
    I think I could see a small "TM" after every phrase that was zombie-speak. LOL You bunch of corruptors, you! (thank you. )

After almost 5 years of using the ™ symbol on JW jargon, this is music to my ears!! Mission Accomplished!

Seriously though, if you have any activities in your area that happen only on Meeting Night™ - for example, cheap night at the movie theatres is on Book Study™ night here - maybe you can find something that your girls would love to do with you instead.

Don't make it sound like they HAVE to go. You could say "Listen, I just saw this notice for [whatever] and I'd love to take you to it. It's just that it's on a meeting night, and I know how important that is to you, so I would understand if you don't want to go. It probably wouldn't hurt to skip the meeting just once, but I just thought I'd mention it to you and let you decide if you want to go."

One of the local grocery stores offers some great cooking classes and make-up classes in the evenings - and they'd make for a really nice outing with the children - and offer them an alternative to going to the Meetings™. When we first started skipping Meetings™, we would take the children for fun outings - to the pond to feed the ducks - to the farm to visit the cows and chickens - to the museums - it didn't have to be expensive, it just had to be a fun alternative to going to the Meetings™. It didn't take them long to realize that Meetings™ weren't as "fun" as they once thought they were.

Do your girls have an interest in taking music lessons? or dance? or gymnastics? Lots of those lessons can be arranged to happen on Meeting Nights™, and it will open the girls' to some other friendships besides those at the KH. They may have wanted to do things like that, but didn't think it was possible before. This is a great opportunity to enrol them in activities that they won't have a chance to be involved with as JWs.

Good luck!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

It sounds like you are doing just fine!

Yes, it take some time to get over all the crap... but in time you will.

The hard part is learning how to socialize like normal people do. In the WTS friends are ready made for you. You don't have to try or even think about it. In the real world you have to get out there and find people you simply enjoy being around.

Good luck and keep educating your kids. It sounds like they are smart enough to unlearn the cult BS.

• anewme
    anewme

I know you dont feel great, but you are doing fine Merfi. You have a big advantage by being on this forum. Here you will make some friends and will express yourself and get some empowerment lessons.

• inquirer
    inquirer

I am surprised of how many people are leaving the Watchtower Society! :O :)
    SO MANY ARE SAYING THE SAME THINGS ARE YOU YOU EVIL APOSTATE! :D lol

Great. God bless you. Whinge as much as you like, that's what people seem to do here, including myself. lol

You are out of the borg (I think that's a Maltese last name, by the way... different things to different people.)

All the JW's can every think about from you is "Apostate... apostate... apostate."
    "Er, can't talk to her, because she is an apostate."
    "Hey, where is Merfi? Ewww, she is an apostate."
    "Oh by the way, where is that apostate woman?"

You know what they said to me? LOL "Jehovah can't keep opening the ark door opening and closing the ark door for me all the time." Oh well, feel really sorry for that elder. He was so convinced it was right like me, but I am so convinced it is wrong.

IT'D LOVE TO AMERICA TO MEET ALL THE APOSTATES WHEN AS PROPHESISED IN REVELATION WHEN YOU SEE BABYLON THE GREAT FALL -- ALONG WITH THE WTS! LOL BEcause you American people go on a bit sometimes!!!!!! :D lol

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

It's possible that you're not doing one important thing; leaving the house! It was hard for me to get used to meeting people the non-witness way (ie, every conversation starts with 'so which congregation are you in.... oh you know brother blah....'). Still, only a couple of years later and I'm really interested in everybody I meet and in working out whether we're going to get along. I was so happy to learn that most other people really like to make new friends too. Now some of my best friends are former neighbours, workmates, people who did the same volunteer work as me, people from the gym...

Get out there girl! Buddies are everywhere! Pick a hobby and go recruiting!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit