WT celebrates the birthday of the World Health Organization and NGOs

by Dogpatch 32 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Honesty:

What do you mean by "Mainstream"? To embrace Christianity, the FDS doctrine and 607 date would have to go down the drain of swill they have been pumping out of Bethel for 100 years.

I know what you mean and I agree with you.

Moving to the center - whatever that means - has nothing to do with moving closer to mainsteeam christianity.

Like you say, with the 1914, F&DS, two hopes doctrines it's impossible for them to move closer.

And even if they did, what would be the point in being a JW? Might just as well be a 'christian'.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Sorry, here's the rest and it is all up at: http://www.randytv.com/secret/wtandwho.htm

Throughout history anti-semitism unique manifestation of hatred, intolerance,

persecution says Secretary-General in remarks to headquarters seminar

Following are Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s opening remarks at the Department of Public Information (DPI) Seminar on Anti-Semitism, in

• Kaput
    Kaput

This is an excerpt from the "About this website" part of the OSCE website:

Information collected - During a visit to the website, the following types of information are collected: browsing patterns, website preferences, location of the user. This information is only used in aggregate forms: statistical reports on number of monthly visits, typical user paths, etc. These reports are used:

• to monitor the use of the website;
    • to identify audience profiles;
    • to support strategic planning.

Happy "visiting", folks!

• undercover
    undercover

BTTT

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Sorry I missed this post...I started one under "Scandals & Cover-ups"...

Swalker

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I hate to be a party pooper, but there are some real factual problems with this presentation.

Paul Gillies can't be an NGO, he is an individual not an organization (governmental or non-governmental). He might have incorporated as Paul Gillies, Inc. but I doubt it. Therefore he likely registered as representing an NGO, probably the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society of Pennsylvania, Inc.

Registering to speak at a conference, going before tribunals, etc. is not and never has been something the organization shies away from when it comes to the cause of establishing religious freedom in countries. I think it is a double-standard to say "don't get involved in social issues" and then do this, but it is one activity they openly admit to, defend, and even seem proud of. To be hypocritical they would have to speak out against doing so. They don't.

"NGO" does not have any connection whatsoever to "the UN." It is a business term like NPO (non-profit/not-for-profit organization) which the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is also. NGO classifies an organization as being non-governmental versus governmental in nature, just like NPO classifies an organization as being non-profit versus for-profit in nature.

The UN adopted this business world term, it didn't invent it. The meaning is no different as used by the UN. Calling the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society a non-governmental organization is a compliment to them, even according to their own doctrines.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

I hate to be a party pooper

Really?

Swalker

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. I wish they were Associate members of every political organization out there. But they aren't. And saying something doesn't make it so. And this is a discussion forum, not an unchallenged statement forum.

And, MOST OF ALL, I am not your enemy, SWALKER.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• gumby
    gumby

I say we put SWALKER and AuldSoul in a ring with a pair of gloves. I'll put 5 bucks in the kitty the Swalker kicks his arse! <Swalker-AuldSoul>

Gumgambler

• Lord-Quad
    Lord-Quad

I phoned the Society headquarters, and what I am about to tell you will come as no surprise I am sure. Some young kid (late teens early 20's) answers the phone. I asked him if it were true that the borg were associated with the United Nations. His response: "NO! not true at all." I then stated that I was looking at the letter on the United Nations web site. His response:" Oh, right, let me transfer you to the department that handles this." My point is, they teach even young ones to lie, and the young ones can not see that what they're doing is wrong.

He transfer me over to the "proper" department. I ask the guy the same question. His response: "Do you pay taxes?" He claimed that by paying taxes we are support the Government in one form or another. Interesting he would ask that question since the borg pays no taxes whatsoever. Their property value in New York alone (land and buildings) being worth over $202 BILLION as I pointed out to him, and he asked: "Can you prove it?" (I seen the financial statements)

I continued to ask why it is that they cover over child molestation since I had been in a situation at the age of 5. He laughed (yep he laughed). I told him if he thinks that is funny he could kiss my ... He did not hang up because I cussed, when I would not let him finish his long boring detail bs of an explaination, he asked: "Did you call for an answer or did you call to argue?" I told him I called to argue. He hung up!

Those guys are unreal!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit