by Dogpatch 32 Replies latest jw friends

• KW13
    KW13

july 2005 i saw in the pdf

• willyloman
    willyloman
    What do you mean by "Mainstream"?

Mainstream: To move towards the center.

Examples include WT articles in recent years that sanction or appear to wink at toasting, birthday celebrations (the now famous 'Pinata' repositioning), voting, alternative service, etc. Also, despite a recent hardliner backlash, their 1992 "permission" to attend college has caught on and there's no going back. And blood - hell, they've abandoned the "no blood transfusions" policy and just haven't said so out loud. For the first time in my 30 years' association with JWs, I'm seeing the rank and file push ahead of the leadership and establish their own standards in some areas - much like the Catholics do. In 10 or 20 years, most of the hardliners will have died. At that point, cooler (or at least slicker) heads will prevail.

JWs will always be a unique brand of Christendom. They're not going to drop their most cherished doctrines any time soon. But I see a trend. It's the only way they can survive in the information age.

• undercover
    undercover
    The top of page 1 reads: List of NGOs registered for the OSCE Conference on Anti-Semitism and on Other Forms of Intolerance. and then we find: Look on page 3 for: The European Association of Jehovah's Christian Witnesses Gillies, Paul (Consejero) Gillet, Marcel (Consejero) http://osce.usmission.gov/Cordoba/Cordoba_NGOs.pdf

Page seven lists the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania - Gregory Allen

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Thanks undercover, amazing, isn't it? The Watchtower is still an NGO, even in the U.S. as of July 2005. This was the issue that brought so many out of the WT awhile back, let's not forget to advertise this! Here's an mp3 file of one of ours talking to his elder friend, and his elder friend hotly denies this and other things like the "two witness" rule:

http://www.freeminds.org/media/eldertalk.mp3

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

The elder talk file is also now on RealPlayer format and sickoflies page for all of these is: http://www.freeminds.org/media/sickoflies.htm

Randy

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

So, am I understanding the 2005 pdf correctly? The wts is STILL an NGO?! Can this be confirmed?

tall penguin

• Legolas
    Legolas

Thanks for the post Randy!

• undercover
    undercover
    The wts is STILL an NGO?! Can this be confirmed?

I'm no expert and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but as best as I can tell, the WTS or representatives thereof are NGOs associated with the OSCE (Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe). NGO may not be a term used soley by the UN but by other political organizations.

While the OSCE is not the UN (the Wild Beast or it's image), it's still a political organization with this as one of it's goals:

Democratization

OSCE promotes democracy and assists the participating States in building democratic institutions.

The OSCE brings people together across borders at a professional level to discuss issues and develop capacities necessary for the consolidation of democratic culture. The Organization's activities are aimed at all aspects of democracy, including methods of governance, participation of women and men in political life, respect for the rule of law and the development of transparent legislation that meets OSCE commitments and other international standards. http://www.osce.org/activities/13036.html

Whether it's the UN or some other political organization, according to everything that I was ever taught as JW, by it's very existance it stands in oppostion to Jehovah and his organization. The WTS continues to associate with political entities. Whether to further their "work" or gain freedoms in other countries or not, it's treasonous to Jehovah's organization (should one really exist). They have shown where their loyalties lie. Guilt by association. Again.
  • Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

you hit the nail on the head undercover. The UN is not the only one who uses NGOs, but they are still very political. Apparently what the WT is getting out of sleeping with politics must be worth the embarassment. Time for NEW LIGHT!!

Randy

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

What is Gregory Allen and Paul Gillies as representatives of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Doing as part of their job? submitted by Truthseeker http://www.osce.org/item/14975.html

OSCE Chairman praises role of NGOs in promoting tolerance

Subscribe to e-mail service Print version

SEVILLE, 7 June 2005 - NGOs play a vital role in providing support for the OSCE's efforts to combat discrimination and promote tolerance, the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, Slovenian Foreign Minister Dimitrij Rupel, said on Tuesday.

Addressing an NGO Preparatory Forum ahead of an OSCE conference on combating anti-Semitism and other forms of intolerance, which is to take place on 8 and 9 June in the Spanish city of Cordoba, he said the knowledge, expertise and enthusiasm of civil society were highly valued.

"We all know that with the active participation of civil society - your ideas, your observations, your proposals and your constructive criticisms - you directly contribute to the quality and richness of discussion held at OSCE conferences and meetings," the Chairman-in-Office said.

He said the Cordoba Conference, which is the sixth OSCE event to deal with the promotion of tolerance, should be focused on implementation. "It is an opportunity to take a critical look at the commitments made by OSCE participating States, to assess how far they have been implemented and to identify areas that may have been neglected up to now."

Back

Chairman-in-Office Dimitrij Rupel (left) with participants of a preparatory forum ahead of an OSCE conference in Cordoba. (BOBO/Kristina

The Watchtower Bible And Tract Society is listed under the NGO section with Allen Gregory as their representative. The above article plainly states that NGOs provide "support" for the efforts of the OSCE and contribute to its success! Commitments are mentioned also. This is the OSCE document listed for delegations. Look at the page numbers on the (documents) and (not) your computer. Look at the (top) of page 20 after you click on the link below, then scroll down to the bottom of page 22, and then the very (top) of page 23. http://www.osce.org/documents/cio/2005/06/15181_en.pdf Do you still believe the Watchtower Society is "strictly neutral" as they claim to be? http://www.un.org/News/Press/docs/2004/sgsm9375.doc.htm 21/06/2004

Press Release
    SG/SM/9375
    HR/4774
    PI/1590

Throughout history anti-semitism unique manifestation of hatred, intolerance,

persecution says Secretary-General in remarks to headquarters seminar

Following are Secretary-General Kofi Annan’s opening remarks at the Department of Public Information (DPI) Seminar on Anti-Semitism, in

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit