Hi

by UNCLEAR 48 Replies latest jw experiences

• blsrose
    blsrose

Hi back to ya!! I, too, am very new to this site, and what i have seen so far is that there are a whole lot of people that have gone thru, basically the same things we have, its great to have a place where we have so much in common and we can talk freely about our feelings--try doing this on any other site!! my story is under"where do i start" and there are so many others you can compare notes with that will help you know what the right thing for you is!!

as for the "truth" I recently told a witness whom i had known for a long time my reason for never going back--how can there even be a true religion at this time -- satan would be right there and it would be controlled by him--why take the chance?? ever heard the old saying--if in doubt throw it out?? looking forward to hearing more from ya, bonnie

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

Welcome Newbies!

One thing is clear; if there is any absolute truth in the world, it will stand up to careful scrutiny. It will be clearly rational, logical, loving, kind, and good. Anything else is rif raff.

The God of the Bible never asked anyone to sacrifice their children for some shady changing man made law. ...." neither came it into my mind, that they should do this
    abomination" Jer. 32:35

The WTBTS easily can be seen as Molech, requiring children to be sacrificed to satisfy the Watchtowers sick love for blood martyres. My mama almost died when I was a child from lack of blood, and were they there to even help her recuperate? NO. Maybe if she had been an elders wife, but she was just a hard working single baptized mother struggling to get her hours in and magazines distributed.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi unclear and welcome to the forum!

• scrubmaster
    scrubmaster

Unclear -- take your time you do not have to make your decision on things all at once. I still attend meetings, but I also realize that we should follow bible principles. I will not let the society tell me what to do if it can not be proven from the bible. Remember in the end it is Jehovah who will detemine who he wants to save. It is not in mans hands. Do you research on things and you will see that a lot of things are not as they should be.

• Carmel
    Carmel

Welcome UNCLEAR! You're a brave one. I hope you don't get caught coming to JWD! You know the consequences. Many years ago before there was such a thing as computers and the www, I had the same uncomfortable feelings about the society and its teachings. They lead me to look for truth and at the tender age of 14 I left the comfort of home and congregation. I never have regretted that decision, although I have no hard feelings from my JW past, I realize how easy it was to be completely blind when one has no other input and information to judge reality!

I hope you stick around and share. You sound like a strong and confident person even if you are UNCLEAR. I was just that, adherring to agnosticism for nearly fifteen years before concluding there was/is an intelligence behind the cosmos.

I wish you well

carmel

• LDH
    LDH

So many newbies. Jehovah certainly is 'speeding it up in his own time!'

The one thing that is probably more unusual than anything else, you will have to get used to listening to your feelings and your gut instincts when something tells you "it ain't right." No more 'beating' your intellect down. Use it for all you've got.

Lisa

• truthfullyspeaking
    truthfullyspeaking

Hello Sister,

It is never easy when bad things happen, but do not waver dear.This is what life and believing is all about... making decisions, based on what you know is right, read Hebrews 11:1

The command is clear (you know that).....the promises are real (maybe thats the problem). 2 Cor 1 :20

You though, are the only one that can decide. Stay close to your husband, listen carefully to everything you already know, and have taught others from the gods word. 1 Tim 4:16. Do all you can to bolster your faith , pray incessently, seek help from spiritually qualified men that know you and your husband. I know you will do what is right...there are so many scriptures that will help you, get together with a good friend and just pour through them.

There are many doctors that do bloodless surgery, not just for witnesses but for those concerned about the other issues of contamination, and the bodies own rejection of the blood. You can contact me personally. Jen

• Poodles
    Poodles

Welcome Unclear and Looking_Glass

Pull up a chair, take off your shoes and stay awhile! You all come back now, ya hear!!

Paula

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I am in the same situation. Once you break the thinking pattern that the GB is KING than things start to clear up. "In search of Christian Freedom" by R Franz Chapter 3 is really enlightening. I highly recommend this book. Hope that helps.

• UNCLEAR
    UNCLEAR

Thank you everyone for the advice, where to research and personal experiences. What are your experiences or your favorite ones?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit