How Were You Affected By Elder/Ministerial Servants/Pioneer Appointments?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Woofer
    Woofer

My cousin (elders daughter) went to college (big no-no) and met a guy there. She started bringing him to the meetings and they would sit together. It must have stumbled some in the congregation who thought they were dating because all of a sudden they started sitting on opposite sides of the hall.

About 6-8 months of him coming regularly he was baptized and they were engaged within about a month. He was appointed at MS shortly after that. There were some in the hall that had been in the "un-truth" for years and they had no priviledges. We think he got appointed ASAP because his father-in-law (my uncle) was a big shot at the hall.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

I knew several young brothers (elders kids) that were appointed MS by the age of 17/18. I knew what they did on the weekends (partying, drinking, fooling around with "sisters"), and so did several others, and it was even brought to the attention of some of the other elders in the hall, but because of who their fathers were, the appointments stuck.

I also knew another young "brother" that was appointed MS by 17. He was assigned to do a shepherding visit with my inlaws. My mother in law said she would not accept counsel from someone she used to change diapers for, send a more mature brother.

BB

• Dune
    Dune

Around 2004, i was around 17/18, they actively pursued trying to make me a MS, i really tried but all the CO had to see was that i was in college and the subject was never mentioned again. o well :-D

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

How you feelin', NPY??? Feeling like crap Mini....but got kicked off off Thoms board...made me feel like a hundred bucks. Thanks for asking. ( is this a oxymoron?)

• minimus
    minimus

Why'd ya get kicked off? (If you don't mind me askin')

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Forscher's experience with such matters could have almost been my own:

- I looked after a Remote Group that was 160 km from its congregation.(Took the Watchtower study, the Book Study, some of the Service Meeting and Ministry School parts - amongst other things).

- The Body of Elders told me that "nothing was disqualifying me from being a Ministerial Servant."

- The Circuit Overseer said repeatedly that he "liked my teaching methods."

Despite this, I was never appointed an MS:

- somewhere, I must have managed to get into someone's Bad Books. (Either that, or I failed to kiss the right arses!)

Soul Destroying was the feeling I had at the time.

Now, I look on it as being a sad situation to be in when the most you can look forward to is becoming a Ministerial Servant or Elder.

Jack.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I was passed over for MS at age 23. The thing was that I was putting in 20 hrs a month. Placing about 40-50 mags a month. Had numerous RVs and 2 studies. Despite all this, and a stellar reputation I was passed over, because the Service Overseer's son was barely hanging in, and married to a newly baptized girl stated that he had resevations about my spiritual maturity and age. This was a BS reason since a number of guys had already been made MS, and were the same age as I was, but not raised in the Truth.

My dad (PO at the time) had recused himself from the discussion, so no one could say that I got my position through his position.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

xjw4evr,

Too bad your Daddy did that, its one of the main ways these idiots get appointed. Its God's holy spirit acting through the family arrangement that provides a dynasty of ignorant fools to shepherd the flock into oblivion.

Hey, maybe you are blessed after all!

Keep running those microphones, each step takes you closer to Panda Picnic World!

W.Once

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    Too bad your Daddy did that, its one of the main ways these idiots get appointed.

First off, he's my dad, not my daddy.

Second, I am glad he did that. It showed me that there was at least one man of integrity in that body of Elders.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

My comment was meant as sarcasm in regards to the way things most often work. I got your point about your DAD standing up for what is right. (If there is in fact anything right about self important janitors playing God with people's lives.) Sure, thats simplistic but its true. You are better off not being put in such a serious position, unless you think you have a monopoly on professional training in counseling others based on the Awake magazine articles about "Depression" and other hot topics. Its taxing because there is no realistic training in how to deal with real world problems, just platitudes and scriptures from the 2 Peters and Phillipians. Peace to you all, oh sorry about the chemical imbalance, I just didnt know. Its Satan you know, and this evil system that is getting you down, not the five, countem, five repetitious meetings each week.

I wish you the best in your ambitions. God will bless you I'm sure and your Dad wont have to do anything but be honest. It's all about God's Holy spirit, right?

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit