Is this a site for active JWs or for ex JWs?

by ><> 43 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    So, where does one who leaves the org. typically go next? Another Church, atheism?

Welcome! I don't believe there is a typical reaction when leaving, beyond finding some other set of beliefs. Many continue to try to impose their new belief set just like they asserted the JW belief set, which is unfortunate but likely has to do with the brain having set up familiar pathways that are difficult to rewire.

I try to help JWs wake up. I know many ex-JWs who do and many who don't. Some people believe that the religion appeals to a certain type of person, and that they don't really care whether that type person wastes their life in a cult. I believe that is true of some JWs, but not true of most.

My fight is not against individual JWs, my fight is against the organization that promotes these warped and twisted ideologies. I have many family members who are JWs, they have been fooled as I was once fooled. I believed the 607 BC lie (that Jerusalem was destroyed in 607 BC) and I overlooked a lot of other problems I had with the org because I believed that lie.

Then I found out about the membership that the WTS had with the UN/DPI (United Nations Department of Public Information) for 10 years. I knew that was not something that could have been accidentally obtained and maintained. I knew for certain that the membership violated their own published standards of neutrality toward governmental affairs. I knew for certain that according to their published rules, that membership was the equivalent of a voluntary disassociation from Jehovah's Witnesses.

When I wrote them about it, instead of candid admission of wrongdoing and an apology, they darted, dodged, weaved, and pointed the finger back at me by inferring that I may be letting the Devil sow doubts in my mind. I knew it was just a matter of time from that point forward, I finally disassociated myself in December of 2005.

I have since learned a lot about their tactics and have uncovered quite a number of simple questions that rip away the facade of truth without attacking the inividual.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• acadian
    acadian

Welcome to the board <><, by the way how do you pronounce that?

JW for About 20 years, raised all three kids in WTS BS, Left WTS 2001 for many reasons.

Where did I go after leaving WTS, no where, All the answers are on the inside. (the Heaven within)

As long as your so called friends are R&F JW's they will never be real friends to you, all they really are, is recruiters for the WTS.

And when you make it plain you don't want to become a JW (assuming you don't) they will probably talk to you a lot less frequintly.

But if you feel there's hope for them, then please, show them all the reseach you found about the WTBTS.

Kinds Regards
    Acadian ~~~~~ of the Think for Yourself, Question Authority Class ~~~~~

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

• uninformed
    uninformed

Code Blue,

That was very interesting post.

Aren't we glad to be out of there? Will we ever get well?

Nice to be associated with people like you.

U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit