Is this a site for active JWs or for ex JWs?

by ><> 43 Replies latest jw friends

• ><>
    ><>

There's alot of JW "bashing" here.

If you have left the org., please inform me on what it was that convinced you to depart? We have friends that are JWs and we want to know how best to deal with them. Some are constantly giving us literature.

Thanks,

><>

• jgnat
    jgnat

This site is about the Jehovah's Witnesses. I am not a JW. I married one instead. I come here for information and support.

I'm not sure what you want to do with your JW friends.

Get them to stop sending you literature? Print off a few research articles on 607 http://www.carm.org/jw/1914.htm and wave it in their face. They will evaporate like water in the noonday Texas sun.

Make them stop being Witnesses? Free will kind of interferes with that.

Help them think for themselves? Research the history and background of the Watchtower Society and Steve Hassan's book "Combatting Cult Mind Control" and come up with a two year plan to introduce independent thinking in their lives. www.freedomofmind.com

Display neighbourly kindness? This may be the best gift of all. JW's don't expect undeserved kindness from the world. Shake their world a little bit and help babysit, send over cookies, or go to a movie together. Tell them that literature placement is received as an insult, you'd rather have their time instead.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to JWD, ><>

There are a few posters here that still attend meetings. A lot of us left the group for various reasons. For some, it was doctrinal issues and for others it is the lack of true love that JW's profusely manifest among themselves and to others.

For starters you may find this helpful http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/default.ashx

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

"fish," welcome to the JWD forum!

I left because of extreme lack of love in the WTS. There are tons of threads here that deal with this....and with your request for info on how to deal with your JW neighbors.

If you'll browse through Lady Lee's "Best of..." threads (hyperlink here) http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/32/1.ashx you should be able to find whatever info you're seeking.

Also, there'll be lots of really caring, intelligent posters adding info about where to search here in this thread.

Enjoy!

• JeffT
    JeffT

I became a JW as an adult because I thought they taught the truth about the Bible. I left when I found out they didn't.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Welcome ><>

"fish,"

Ha! I thought it was greater than less than, greater than.

• M.J.
    M.J.

As for the JW bashing. You'll find much of it is justified, and much of it can be over-the-top. The thing is, many here are ex-JWs. The thing you must know about ex-JWs is that in general the process of leaving the organization (or any other high-control org) is accompanied by loads of mental trauma. For many here, venting and expressing anger is part of the healing process.

I personally visit here to gather info, much as jgnat does. I also am a non-JW married to a JW. Personally, I do not tolerate false argumentation no matter which "side" it comes from.

• uninformed
    uninformed

We were trained for decades on how to bash other religions for not listening to the Bible. I guess we're pretty good at it now that the WT isn't concerned about what the Bible says.

u

• SickofLies
    SickofLies

Welcome!

I'm a faithful active JW! I love Jehovah will all my mind, heart and soul! If you want a positive realistic review just ask me!

The fact that JW’s are inspired of God is just so obvious, just look at the world today, is it not in dire straits? What other religion has time and time again predicted the end of the world? Sure all these predictions have been wrong, but the fact is the end is coming, so sooner or later one of them will come true. One of the reasons I like being a JW is all the constantly changing doctrines, you can basically believe whatever you want and if you wait long enough it will probably be acceptable. Plus what other religion is founded by con artists and criminals has been so successful in publishing religious propaganda world wide? Indeed, this truly is the work of Satan! Join Satan and his dark army now, sign up to be a JW!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Sadly, the situation in the organization is far worse than most civilized people can imagine. Because of the unbridled authority of these men (elders), they can do a lot of damage to people they don't like.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit