The "Memorial" Is A Perversion Of Christ's Intent

by metatron 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• metatron
    metatron

It is remarkable how 6 million Witnesses ( or is it 'Witlesses'?) can go thru the yearly ritual of the "Memorial" without any of their

brain cells moving them towards understanding what a sad, unChristian perversion it is.

What part of "Do this in remembrance of me" is so hard to understand? Did Jesus say, "OK, just pass the stuff around - but 99% of you

shouldn't "partake"? Is that what he meant?

Isn't it amazing how the Watchtower can take a simple Christian ritual - intended to create oneness, brotherhood and a sense of equality

before God - and twist it into a yearly demonstration of elitism and establishment of a 'pecking order'? I'm "annointed"

and you're not.........? Actually, we shouldn't be surprized by this perversion of what Jesus intended - the Watchtower

has done the same thing with the Parable of the Sheep and the Goats , in which simple charity towards strangers

is twisted into counsel to submit to the commands of Watchtower leaders!

Do the 'blood and flesh' symbols of Christian salvation NOT apply to anyone but a tiny group of elderly hierarchs associated with

Brooklyn , New York? Is that what Jesus was trying to say?

Just for argument's sake, let's accept the 'heavenly/earthly hope' idea that Jehovah's Witnesses ramble on about - if so,

what about Jesus' remark ( John 6: 54) that "He that feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has everlasting life

and I shall resurrect him on the last day" ? The resurrection on the "last day" was the general hope of the Jews

in Jesus' day, not some special, "first" resurrection. Lazarus' sister knew this ( John 11:24). Jesus also said

"Most truly I say to you, Unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in yourselves."

(John 6:53) Does that sound like exclusion to 8,000 or so in the modern day?

it's disgusting.

metatron

• Paul FB
    Paul FB

Quite right mate. Not that I want to go into as much detail as you did, but the whole idea of "The Momorial" is a bloody joke !!! We're supposed to believe that 144,000 of them are some sort of "chosen" crowd ???? Aye right, so what heppens when the 144,000 have all snuffed it and thers nobody left to drink the cheap wine and scoff the crackers ??? Any money the old Watch Tower bigrade will come out with "Oh, sorry folks, heres ANOTHER 144,000, the first mob were just a trial run !!" Aye, I wouldn't put it past them !!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I remember a meeting we brothersā„¢ had before a memorial some years back. It was to organize the event. Most of the time was spent discussing how the bread and wine would be passed, to make certain each person, server, and the speaker were all served. The emphasis was placed on the passing of the bread and wine - the possibility that someone might partakeā„¢ was never mentioned.

The JW event is not a memorial of Jesus death or last supper. It's an organized annual rejection of Jesus.

W

• Albert Lynch
    Albert Lynch

I log on to this site once in a blue moon, and the first thing I do is find a post by you Metatron. Your insight, and compelling arguments are well worth reading. What puzzles me, is that for the most part very few reply to your posts, but there are literally dozens who reply to this minimus fellows inane little ramblings. Oh well keep up the good work.

• Honesty
    Honesty

The WATCHTOWER'S gnostic ritual is the ultimate slap in Jesus' face. I really wonder sometimes how I could have been sucked into believing the pack of lies dispensed by those evil people.

• Paul FB
    Paul FB

Oh, trust me, the wine and crackers were drunk and eaten at my "congregation". For many years there was one elderly woman and one elderly man who always had some wine and crackers. I mean, we used to think,"what are the chances, eh ???, 144,000 of them and we just happen to have 2 of them in Greenock, Scotland" ???!!!! Quality, you could'nt make that up !!! (Although, obviously somebody did !!)

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Paul & Albert, welcome!

• justice for all
    justice for all

I went to the memorial one year and it was a '' full on joke! '' This one person''ONE OF THE ANNOINTED'' was very emotional along with the family.Crying and holding hands as they are waiting for the wine and bread to be passed to them.The way they were acting, it was like they thought they were going to heaven that very night. WHAT A JOKE!Yep. I'd say it was perverted too. justice for all

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Until reading the posts here, about the Memorial, I had never realized or thought about it, how I was actually rejecting Jesus gift to me all those years as a Witless. I feel so ashamed, but was only doing as I was taught, from a child onwards, to do, that is, pass the emblems on to the person next to me.

I feel that Jesus understands I didn't mean to reject his sacrifice. This year, the first year that I realize I am to keep doing this, in remembrance of him, I plan to say a prayer and eat a symbolic wafer and drink a sip of wine.

I will not set foot in a Kinkdumb hall, and I'm not comfortable in a church, but I want to do something to do as Jesus asked us to. I still feel badly about all those years...

• gumby
    gumby

You know what? Out of ALL the talks throughout the year that is given, the memorial is by far the most important event a publisher could invite a new one to attend.

You know what? It was BY FAR the MOST embarrasing one for me to ever WANT to invite someone! Since I've attended this event....from the womb...it has never made a lick of sense and always seemed pointless. The ENTIRE talk( almost) is all about how everyone you invited is not allowed to partake. "we only invited you hear so you could watch" is the message to them.

I always wanted to do a survey "outside" the hall with new ones who attended for the first time and ask them what they REALLY thought of what they just saw. I'll bet if they were honest they'd tell you it was a frickin joke.....especially if the invited was ever a christian.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit