Is the goatee the new mullet?

by daystar 28 Replies latest social physical

• daystar
    daystar

When I had very long hair and was debating cutting it all off for the final time, one thing (among others) contributed to my decision to go for it. Someone said I had a mullet.

Now, I don't think I had a mullet. But the sheer fact that someone said that I did, had me saying nononononooo!!

Today, on a talk radio show, one of the hosts decided that the goatee was the new mullet. It has been just fadish long enough to fall into the same category as the mullet, he said.

Now, I don't put much value in anything talk show hosts of any sort say, but I was curious if others felt the same way.

What do you think? Goatee=todays mullet?

• jaredg
    jaredg

i don't know if the goatee is the new mullet....but you sir definately had a mullet. in fact i think that is the mullet of all mullets. did you drive a t-top camaro too

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

That's a Mullet!(can't stop laughing)

Brooke

• Clam
    Clam

That's a mullett alright. Michael Bolton eat your heart out!

Yes LOL the goatee is the new mullett.

(Clam, not "bearded Clam" as Gumby calls me)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

Ah yes...DEFINITELY a mullet.....

alt .....a la Billy Ray Cyrus!

We still love ya though hun! Mullet and all!

luv, jojo

• Jourles
    Jourles

Yep, when you cut the front(bangs) and the sides, but leave the backside to grow, that's a mullet. Many of the hard rock crowd differentiated themselves by letting all of their hair grow out the same length.

I do think the goatee is just a fad. It's been around for several years now and seems to be starting to fade out slowly. Kind of like those huge choppers from the 90210 days. You don't see those around very much anymore. A lot of guys that I know who wore goatees have switched back to just shaving.(the jdub/kennedy look)

But I'm sure us white crackers will come up with something new in the next few years to show our "individuality." All it will take is some highly rated TV show set on a beach somewhere with the lead males sporting shaved eyebrows. Next thing you know, most of your male friends will be eyebrowless.

• Clam
    Clam
    A lot of guys that I know who wore goatees have switched back to just shaving.(the jdub/kennedy look)

LOL, my JDub bro in law calls it "The Society Look" - short back and sides and clean shaven.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    I don't know if the goatee is the new mullet....but you sir definately had a mullet. in fact i think that is the mullet of all mullets. did you drive a t-top camaro too

LMAO!!!

*pointing*

*snickering*

LMAO! (But only for a short while, since I too had a mullet in junior high school. Hey - I was a victim of the 80's. )

Personally, I LOVE goatees. My husband has one, but only on his chin. He shaves his upper lip. I find it very sexy! Grrr!

• daystar
    daystar

jaredg

Heh heh, no, that is definitely not a picture of me! Mine was long all over, not business up front, party in back.

Go to www.mulletlovers.com for a laugh!

• Honesty
    Honesty

Ya got any tattoos or body piercings to go along with that hair?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit